Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ake is a PL winner who has played 27 times for his country. Cucurella has won nothing and played once for his country. Its not really comparable currently. Plus Chelsea are a PL rival and Ake is classed as homegrown so of course we're going to charge a premium for Chelsea.

Its a game of poker going on at the moment, we'll see who blinks 1st. I'm not too optimistic at the moment and get the feeling we'll walk away in the end, but we'll see if Brighton are willing to accept a bid of around £40m as thats where I suspect City will go to.
If its a game of poker then I give the upper hand to Brighton considering Tony Bloom has won over 3.5 million dollars playing the game

https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=26

Has anotherbrighton fan been banned? I just tried to reply to his post and cannot.
I wanted to ask him if he thought that you had to come out of the womb a fan.He clearly doesn't think that you can become a fan although its quite clear that our Sheikh Mansour is definitely a fan from his actions. Who else would name their new boat "Blue"?

As somebody who contributes occasionally on other clubs' forums I always believe in principle in accommodating fans of other clubs on here (there are forums where you never, and I mean never, see posts from anyone other than fans of that club). A forum should be a place for debate.

That guy just really overstepped the mark with his post. Personally, I'm putting him on the ignore list just as soon as I post this.
I have nothing whatsoever against Brighton and Hove Albion. They have a good manager and seem to have a canny owner. We may get Cucurella. We may not. At a price that is equitable. If not, no harm done.

As for you, anotherbrightonfan: mods, it really is time to call time on this guy, don't you think?

I tidied up the thread because it was getting a bit out of hand. Let's keep the discussion civil and respectful, and a reminder to any visiting Brighton fans not to flame the forum.
But Ric, they don’t want ”our lot” as owners, they are so confident in their own ways that they need to tell us every 30 minutes.

We wont accept 40, at least not on its own. In the Ake example you are not looking at him individually. He is a bit part defender who you want £50m for. Cucurella is our player of season who starts every game.
How do you know what bid will be accepted. Have City even spoken to YOU yet, please let us know when they do and tell how much they have offered you.

The fact Andy naylor (who is basically a Brighton board mouth piece) has said our offer was “laughable” and “has further strengthened Brighton’s resolve” doesn’t bode well imo.

I think we tried throw our weight around but instead it’s just made them more determined. The fact Brighton think it’s now highly unlikely to happen is very telling. The way it’s played out I’d be shocked if it happens now especially as they keep missing out on lb targets like bassey and taglifico. Just get a fucking full back city please.

I would agree with you up until last summer we paid £100 mil for grealish. Clubs now know we will pay ridiculous fees if we really want a player. Not to mention we bought mendy, Walker and cancelo for £50 mil so I just don’t understand why we are so reluctant to pay this for a player who perfectly fits us and will greatly improve an area we have a real weakness.

If we cant get this deal done why did we sell zinchenko? You may be confident but we have never won the league with 2 full back options. Ake is ok in an emergency but stones was torn apart v Madrid and V villa if it wasn’t for zinchenko we would have probably ended up with nothing.

Wilson esbrand is also raw as fuck thinking of him in a champions league semi is giving me nightmares tbf.
How was Stones torn apart v Madrid ???
1st game vinicious Jr did Ferny & Laporte gave a pen away & 2nd leg we a 5 minute brain fart by all concerned, Zinchenko only came on against Villa because Ferny had a mare against Watkins & Stones moved to his natural position

How was Stones torn apart v Madrid ???
1st game vinicious Jr did Ferny & Laporte gave a pen away & 2nd leg we a 5 minute brain fart by all concerned, Zinchenko only came on against Villa because Ferny had a mare against Watkins & Stones moved to his natural position
He was poor at right back before he got injured.

As things stand, we can sign Cucu only if he hands in a transfer request AND we pay north of 45m.

As I said yesterday, if we are unwilling to pay 50+m for Cucu it's only because we have doubts he is good enough to make the LB position his own for years to come. If we rated him as highly as Cancelo, we'd have paid 50m weeks ago.

A transfer request would really be symbolic only. The fee is the big barrier, if the club want him.

hes not really a 50 m player

City is faced every summer with Pep's high standards and specific requirements .. this makes the demand inelastic for certain players .. this means the club will either overpay or lose the deal .. that happened last summer with Kane .. and City lost so many deals because of that .. this thing usually doesnt happen to Bayern or the other big clubs ..

Factors causing that is Pep's difficult style of play, the club is rich and Pep knows exactly what he wants!

On the other end of the spectrum we get David Moyes at West Ham .. whos looking at 10 strikers to fill in the position for him .. this makes the job of his sporting director easier ..

Fans that know the bald fraud for many years know that alternative names thrown by journalists are not true!

The Catalans at Brighton know that very well and they know its Cucurella or nobody .. a scenario we are faced with every summer.

I hope this deal goes through for 40m or 40m with 5 add ons ..
I agree with your post, but is any player really worth the price. The selling club price him high, buying club say not worth that price him lower, negotiations start. What i will say i think clubs outside the top 6 play the system when dealing with top 6 sides.
Man city tax because we all think ur awash with money and its no problem.
Liverpool charge them extra because who wants to move to Liverpool unless you want to become a victim.

The other 3 London clubs, well its London and we all get ripped off with prices there, £7.90 a pint of beer.

That just leaves the rags as u call them, well just put a high price on the players head, let them know how much u want for him and they will offer more.

Aplayer is only worth what the buying team agree to pay for him unless itsva bidding war or a buy out clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.