Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ake is a PL winner who has played 27 times for his country. Cucurella has won nothing and played once for his country. Its not really comparable currently. Plus Chelsea are a PL rival and Ake is classed as homegrown so of course we're going to charge a premium for Chelsea.

Its a game of poker going on at the moment, we'll see who blinks 1st. I'm not too optimistic at the moment and get the feeling we'll walk away in the end, but we'll see if Brighton are willing to accept a bid of around £40m as thats where I suspect City will go to.

As things stand, we can sign Cucu only if he hands in a transfer request AND we pay north of 45m.

As I said yesterday, if we are unwilling to pay 50+m for Cucu it's only because we have doubts he is good enough to make the LB position his own for years to come. If we rated him as highly as Cancelo, we'd have paid 50m weeks ago.

Not being shafted. Go somewhere else or play our upcoming youngsters. Not being shafted.

He's not worth 50m, just never is. Utd pay those extortionate fees, we buy players who want to move here. So let's see how much cucurella wants to move here, he ultimately dictates the price.
Cucu's had more than enough time to rule out a move to City, commit his future to Brighton & express his undying love for them as a boyhood fan who's realised his lifelong dream of playing for the Seagulls.

He hasn't. Brighton have said every player has a price. City evidently want Cucu, but it remains to be seen how much he's worth to us. If we believe he's ultimately worth £43m plus add-ons, but start negotiations at £30m, what's wrong with that? \0/

Also if Brighton want £50m, who's to say they won't be happy to treble their money at £43m plus add-ons? It's a case of who blinks first & both clubs settling on a price they can both swallow.

£30m > £50m - £40-ish plus performance related incentives sounds reasonable for a 23 year old La Maisa trained Spanish international, who plays in a position we're desperate to fill. It's called negotiations & as the Twitter claims say, those negotiations continue.

The fact Andy naylor (who is basically a Brighton board mouth piece) has said our offer was “laughable” and “has further strengthened Brighton’s resolve” doesn’t bode well imo.

I think we tried throw our weight around but instead it’s just made them more determined. The fact Brighton think it’s now highly unlikely to happen is very telling. The way it’s played out I’d be shocked if it happens now especially as they keep missing out on lb targets like bassey and taglifico. Just get a fucking full back city please.

I would agree with you up until last summer we paid £100 mil for grealish. Clubs now know we will pay ridiculous fees if we really want a player. Not to mention we bought mendy, Walker and cancelo for £50 mil so I just don’t understand why we are so reluctant to pay this for a player who perfectly fits us and will greatly improve an area we have a real weakness.

If we cant get this deal done why did we sell zinchenko? You may be confident but we have never won the league with 2 full back options. Ake is ok in an emergency but stones was torn apart v Madrid and V villa if it wasn’t for zinchenko we would have probably ended up with nothing.

Wilson esbrand is also raw as fuck thinking of him in a champions league semi is giving me nightmares tbf.
Did you miss the bit where the Twitter claim said "Talks are ongoing over the future of the left-back."?

It's called negotiations mate. What dya really expect Brighton to say publicly? \0/

Dont you see, you are showing just how insulting the £30m bid was. Bazanu highest domestic level he played was League 1 I will say rhat again League 1 and you got £17m for him. A team that finished 9th in the Prem you offered less than twice that. I don't think you would accept £50m for Fogden. I think you would accept £50m for Ake now thats a good comparison.
We only got £32m for Zinchenko, £30m is perhaps a bit low but not insulting.

The fact Andy naylor (who is basically a Brighton board mouth piece) has said our offer was “laughable” and “has further strengthened Brighton’s resolve” doesn’t bode well imo.

I think we tried throw our weight around but instead it’s just made them more determined. The fact Brighton think it’s now highly unlikely to happen is very telling. The way it’s played out I’d be shocked if it happens now especially as they keep missing out on lb targets like bassey and taglifico. Just get a fucking full back city please.

I would agree with you up until last summer we paid £100 mil for grealish. Clubs now know we will pay ridiculous fees if we really want a player. Not to mention we bought mendy, Walker and cancelo for £50 mil so I just don’t understand why we are so reluctant to pay this for a player who perfectly fits us and will greatly improve an area we have a real weakness.

If we cant get this deal done why did we sell zinchenko? You may be confident but we have never won the league with 2 full back options. Ake is ok in an emergency but stones was torn apart v Madrid and V villa if it wasn’t for zinchenko we would have probably ended up with nothing.

Wilson esbrand is also raw as fuck thinking of him in a champions league semi is giving me nightmares tbf.
It's definitely a risk.

Has anyone asked why Zinchenko was sold before this deal was completed yet this morning?

I reckon that if we meet Brighton’s valuation for Cucurella, we will buy him.

Otherwise Haaland will be a false 3 from tonight on.

That’s how this place works, right.

Having watched him quite a bit last season, where he was excellent to very good most of the time, and one really poor performance (think it was against the dippers actually) I think all things considered, asking £50m is about right for him.

We didn't reject an £8m offer from you, City denied it, wasn't even remotely true.

McAtee had offers from United and Liverpool to join on a free transfer just six months ago, so why the fuck do you think he would contemplate a move to Brighton?

City turned down £20m plus from Southampton for Liam Delap just a month ago, so your derisory valuation of McAtee, considered one of the best young players in the country at his age, is amusing.
and now Romano is reporting a bid for Delap, from Southampton hahaha you must be his idol tolmie.

Yeah that opening bid was daft

I reacted like that at first. It seemed derisory. But the more I think about it, it's just a opening bid. Nobody — nobody — thinks that he'll go for that (if indeed he does go). It's just putting down an opening marker. That's all. Negotiations will take place from there on up. Whether City will go up to £50 million I'm not now sure. I'd probably pay that, but hey, I don't happen to have that in my account at present. As we've said from the start, City will also be looking at other targets.
We do definitely need another full back. Sorry, a nineteen-year-old Josh Wilson-Esbrand is not the solution. And Pep knows it all too well. I'd fancy Aké to play on that side on an occasional basis, and not really in high stakes matches (i.e. knock-out stages of CL, the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea in the league).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.