Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, Brighton fans suddenly think he's worth 50m after one 'good' season. I think delusion hits quite a lot of football fans badly. 30m is a very fair price, 100% profit on him after one year, seems fair to me
30m maybe does seem a little low for a player we now desparately need. I think 40m would be reasonable for all parties and predict the deal will be done at around that figure quite soon.
It is in all parties interest to get this done asap. Brighton could play hardball but would be left with an unhappy player and would make other players reluctant to join them.
However, given this logic, the deal would have been done weeks ago - maybe we were waiting for Oleks to leave?

Exactly, Brighton fans suddenly think he's worth 50m after one 'good' season. I think delusion hits quite a lot of football fans badly. 30m is a very fair price, 100% profit on him after one year, seems fair to me
Indeed.

We can't win either way, if we pay £50m people will complain were ruining football and we're inflating the market.

If we offer £30m (double what they paid 12 months ago btw) it is deemed insulting and were taking the piss.

Amen to the confusion but there’s good reason for it.
The fact is that these fan forums are a place for those that don’t know to swap thoughts and banter - if you come on here to get clued-up then it’ll be a big disappointment as we’re all just guessing at what might be going on because none of us know exactly what the clubs transfer strategy is, what unannounced agreements they may have or how and why they do what they do.

The one thing we can be sure of is that we have highly experienced, extremely knowledgable football professionals to deal with these things, and the biggest mistake we can make is to let ourselves believe that we know better than they do.
Well said OPB.

As somebody who contributes occasionally on other clubs' forums I always believe in principle in accommodating fans of other clubs on here (there are forums where you never, and I mean never, see posts from anyone other than fans of that club). A forum should be a place for debate.

That guy just really overstepped the mark with his post. Personally, I'm putting him on the ignore list just as soon as I post this.
I have nothing whatsoever against Brighton and Hove Albion. They have a good manager and seem to have a canny owner. We may get Cucurella. We may not. At a price that is equitable. If not, no harm done.

As for you, anotherbrightonfan: mods, it really is time to call time on this guy, don't you think?
Agree, i have been invited on this board as a BHAFC fan for not only a civilised debate but to get an insite as to how other fans look at football. One thing you dont do is dis respect your fans or you club.

I think we will get some news via city reporters sometime today about update on cucurella if any.

I see that the " negotiations" are still ongoing between BM and Brighton fans.

Hopefully actual news about his signing, or somebody else , for the LB position will happen before too long.

A transfer request would really be symbolic only. The fee is the big barrier, if the club want him.

A transfer request may help Brighton to justify a sell under 50m, given all their postering. Right now, they would look a bit weak if they sold him for "only" 45m. Think a transfer request may bring the price down to 45m (and say 2-3m add-ons). Not sure we want to go that high, though. 30m + Delap (or 35 + Wilson-Esbrand) might do the job, if we insert a reasonable buy back option. Won't be easy. Txiki is probably exploring alternatives as we speak.

I don’t think he is worth 50 mill, I don’ think he is worth 30 mill in the real world, but football ain’t the real world. But he is definitely worth a 50 mill price tag if it means we keep him, if you pay pay it we have plenty to invest back into the team with a bit over to give back to the owner.

£30 million to actually get the player? #Laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.