Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I presume they meant they were invited by fellow Brighton fans, rather than by us. Regardless, as per the forum rules, opposition fans are welcome as long as they aren’t trolling the forum.
If you think Anotherbrightonfan adds value it’s your forum Ric. I am off out to a bent bookies

This transfer is playing out in the same way as the Ben White to Leeds saga. On that occasion Leeds seemed to think £30m was a perfectly reasonable valuation that Brighton owner Tony Bloom didn't agree with.
Bloom politely declined it without much noise and kept his counsel until £50m was agreed with Arsenal 12 months later.

Cucurella is a very exciting, skilful young player with a brilliant attitude (you know that). In todays marketplace he's worth £50m all day long and will become a City favourite.
As a Brighton fan I'm expecting him to sign for City for an 'undisclosed' fee that we will never know, but will likely be £50m.

But let's face it, none of us really know what's happening.
iN tOdAy's MarKetPlace hE's wOrtH 50 mil aLl dAy loNg.

Lad. Rest.

In the same transfer window City signed Gundogan for £20m while United signed Pogba for £90m. They were probably both worth about £40m at the time.

To say Cucurella worth £50m after one good season is stretching it. That’s more a Pogba valuation than a Gundogan one for me. You can’t value a player who’s had one good season and never been heard of before then and no other team is in for at anywhere near £50m. If he has another season like last, this coming season, then you can start talking about that sort of figure.

City have just sold our top goalscorer under Pep for £50m, and another player Pep always seemed to pick in the biggest games for £45m.

We also spent one pre-season saying how we overpaid for Ake who cost £41m. Similar sort of signing, probably won’t be first choice, team from the bottom half (although Ake was an international and was also wanted by two other Top4 clubs).
Ake was bournemouth 2x player of the year as a centerback btw, homegrown, dutch international.

It is really bizzare how plenty people (our own fans btw) on this forum have decided 30m is an insult and we should pay close to 50m. Guys trust the club, they know what they are doing.

Probably putting 2 and 2 together and getting yellow in the words of Simon Jordan

But Brighton have a had a bid for Maupey. Wonder if they were to let him go knowing they have delap for next season (as part of the cucurella deal)

(As I'm typing this - I don't even believe it myself )

This transfer is playing out in the same way as the Ben White to Leeds saga. On that occasion Leeds seemed to think £30m was a perfectly reasonable valuation that Brighton owner Tony Bloom didn't agree with.
Bloom politely declined it without much noise and kept his counsel until £50m was agreed with Arsenal 12 months later.

Cucurella is a very exciting, skilful young player with a brilliant attitude (you know that). In todays marketplace he's worth £50m all day long and will become a City favourite.
As a Brighton fan I'm expecting him to sign for City for an 'undisclosed' fee that we will never know, but will likely be £50m.

But let's face it, none of us really know what's happening.

That’s right… another great season at Brighton and perhaps Arsenal will give you £100m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.