Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds like Pep is happy with Josh W-e continuing if he stays free from injury. In his post match interview he says he can be a player for City for many years to come. With Cancelo at left back, Josh his understudy and Ake & Laporte as cover we don't need Cucurella. Well maybe at 30 odd million & add ons but not 50.

It sounds like Pep is happy with Josh W-e continuing if he stays free from injury. In his post match interview he says he can be a player for City for many years to come. With Cancelo at left back, Josh his understudy and Ake & Laporte as cover we don't need Cucurella. Well maybe at 30 odd million & add ons but not 50.
Come on, Pep has been here 7 years you know the drill

We have been ripped plenty of times well before the present ownership, a player is valued by his present club, either pay or move along, but 50m in this market and for a club that has paid 50m plus for 3 previous FB, is not unreasonable.
3 previous FBs with vast international experience….and btw got ripped off for at least 2 of them (the Cancelo deal was pretty good considering what Juve paid us for Danilo).
We no longer need to overpay just because we have deep pockets.
You talk about entertainment….we are entitled to pay what is fair for a playier in my opinion.
Over 50m for a player with 1 premiership season and 2 international appearances is unrealistic in my and obviously Txiki’s eyes given our opening gambit.

We have been ripped plenty of times well before the present ownership, a player is valued by his present club, either pay or move along, but 50m in this market and for a club that has paid 50m plus for 3 previous FB, is not unreasonable.
The others were all more established than Cucurella, hence why I don’t think we intend paying £50mil. I reckon it’ll get done this week for about £40/42mil with around £5mil in add ons.

3 previous FBs with vast international experience….and btw got ripped off for at least 2 of them (the Cancelo deal was pretty good considering what Juve paid us for Danilo).
You talk about entertainment….we are entitled to pay what is fair for a playier in my opinion.
Over 50m for a player with 1 premiership season and 2 international appearances is unrealistic in my and obviously Txiki’s eyes given our opening gambit.
We paid 100m for Grealish, so we have previous, pay that sort of money and you have little argument in negotiations in the future.

We sadly have a percentage of our fan base that's becoming very entitled, sad to see and not worth of this great club.
Most older blues who followed us through the bad times are(generally) not entitled, It's impossible to forget where we were and and the stark difference to where we are now. Like polar opposites. It's the gloryhunters and JCLs who are (generally) entitled. Im basing this on going to games and talking to fans at the game and in pubs around the greater Manchester area. Bluemoon does not represent the whole of our fanbase to form an 'entitled' opinion on This platform. BM is more a representation of many posters who have never been to Manchester. And I'm not having a dig at them btw, just saying.

Most older blues who followed us through the bad times are(generally) not entitled, It's impossible to forget where we were and and the difference to where we are now. Like polar opposites. It's the gloryhunters and JCLs who are (generally) entitled. Im basing this on going to games and talking to fans. Bluemoon does not represent the whole of our fanbase to form an 'entitled' opinion on This platform (BM) is more a representation of many posters who have never been to Manchester. And I'm not having a dig at them btw, just saying.
Totally agree but a lot of our fans are becoming entitled and it is rising.

We had the same reaction form Arsenal fans when we bought their players. We had the same reaction from Everton fans when we bought Lescott, courtesy of Moyes sh*t stirring in the media. We had the same reaction from Spurs fans when we wanted to sign Kane. Fans of other clubs don’t like City buying their (best) players, which is understandable. If City had paid the asking price, whatever it is, instead of going in with a cheeky 1st offer, Brighton fans wouldn’t be so annoyed.

Like many other people I think £40mill-£45mill+add-ons should do it this week. Hopefully.

As no (bad) news for us is coming from either City or Brighton, it’s safe to say negotiations are still on-going. :-)

Time will tell, I still think the deal will be done, otherwise we would have moved on, we want a player that a club does not want or need to sell, so the player leaves on their terms, that just fact.

One criticism of our scouting is players like this, according to "sources" he is a player we have looked at for sometime, yet was available for 16m 12 months ago, and we have needed strengthening at LB for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.