Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I back our club, as fans of other clubs back theirs. I don't consider our fanbase as entitled and I like most on here are more then happy to move on to another target or roll with what we have. The situation here has be become amplified by a number of Brighton fans expressing the opinion (which I'm happy to have on the forum) that bloom laughed at our opening offer and that bloom is expecting at least 50mil and won't negotiate as he got 50mil for white something along those lines and our fans are defending our valuation and clubs stance. You are 100% right in that a club can set whatever value they want on a player and we can either pay or move on to other targets but City at the minute have been doing their best to accommodate players that are looking to move and alot of our fans are hoping Brighton would do the same.
Its not the same. We were alright with the likes of Bissouma, Ostigard, Taylor Richards (remember him) being sold. Even players like Duffy and Clarke if they go.

Cucrella is our player of the season and City have offered a fraction of the price we value him at.

It is worth repeating, he wants to go to you, we are willing to sell him to you, that has never been in dispute. We are not going to be pushed around by you.

i have seen so many things written on this site including sometimes you act like your interested in a player as a smoke screen to signing another player.

I honestly think if you sign him it will be for a package over £50m. Thats the compromise. Cucurella is being professional at least at the moment. So there is no pressure on us. We have laid our cards on the table from the very beginning. Nothing has changed YET.

We have been ripped plenty of times well before the present ownership, a player is valued by his present club, either pay or move along, but 50m in this market and for a club that has paid 50m plus for 3 previous FB, is not unreasonable.

It’s not unreasonable.

Nor is it unreasonable for City to value Cucurella less than the £50+ million they paid on the other full backs.

Walker and Cancelo remain far superior players to him and Mendy was widely regarded as the best young LB in Europe when we signed him.

I also think City have learned the lesson from Mendy and are not going to overpay on the back of one good season. After all, Mendy was a disaster of a signing even before his legal issues.

Do I think £30 million is a lowball offer? Most definitely.

However, talk of a fee over £50 million is equally taking the piss.

That's a nothing comment that is. He's a professional footballer, he's going to do his job regardless of transfer speculation or ongoing talks between the two clubs.

We'll either buy the lad or we won't and we'll move onto another target, simple as that.
Then whats the rubbish people talk about that if you don't get him we have an unhappy player, if hes garunteed to do his job anyway.

It’s not unreasonable.

Nor is it unreasonable for City to value Cucurella less than the £50+ million they paid on the other full backs.

Walker and Cancelo remain far superior players to him and Mendy was widely regarded as the best young LB in Europe when we signed him.

I also think City have learned the lesson from Mendy and are not going to overpay on the back of one good season. After all, Mendy was a disaster of a signing even before his legal issues.

Do I think £30 million is a lowball offer? Most definitely.

However, talk of a fee over £50 million is equally taking the piss.
20m difference is not a lot of money in top level football, IF he is a player the club want.

Maybe we have other deals lined up and have to be careful with our spend?

He's hoping the deal will happen.

He's desperate to join City, that much is certain. He has the chance to join one of the 2-3 strongest teams in the world and such a chance may not come in the next transfer windows.

That said, it's your right to keep him and insist on your valuation. It's risky but such a decision may pay off, it's not impossible.
I believe he wants to join you. He will be very happy and all that. But he is not showing he is desperately unhappy to stay. People talk about player power, he isn't showing that yet.

Not sure what the problem is with other fans discussing the possible transfer of their player to us is.
They don’t want to sell him for £30m, would prefer to keep him and like their chairman playing hardball.

It doesn't fit in with the narrative that we need to bid £40m by Tuesday brunch and walk away if we’ve not heard by afternoon tea time on Wednesday.

Blimey. £50m + means it could be £55m, £60m or even £70m! Nobody knows, I can’t see why some can’t see that? It really ain’t rocket science.
Nobody knows but you're stating 50m+ hahahaha, it obviously is rocket science for you. Until Tony Bloom DECLARES the price then its all speculation, does that make it easier for you when you're plucking figures out of the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.