Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think some of our fans understand how this works. Their chairman isn't being greedy. He doesn't want to sell his player. But he understands he can't just say 'No!' The best he can do make the cost painful for whoever wants him. Same with Kane. Spurs preferred Kane staying, and if you want him, you'd have to overpay for it. Walking away is the outcome they prefer. But barring that, they make sure you overpay.

It's exactly what I'd expect Txiki to do if someone came in for Foden or Kevin.

It will be 200 million. Not because either is worth that, but because it's prohibitive. And that's what anyone MUST pay to get our best.

Getting all pissy that other teams are doing that with their best player is strange.
I’m not getting pissy Dax.
My point is if you don’t want to sell just say so.
Don’t dangle an overpriced offer.
Say you want 100 million and there’s no way we would retain any interest in buying him.
Truth is he’s happy to let him go for 50m as that is what he knows we paid for Walker and Mendy. We were in a position then when overpaying was the rule for money bags City but my argument is that, given the sustained success we have had and the never ending scrutiny of FFP, we don’t and won’t be overpaying for LBs any more…
For 50m I hope we walk away.

I’d be happy with a couple of the options listed across the forum but after the season he just had Cucu would be exciting. I’m personally still confident this will happen.

I think the biggest tell is that there are no real concrete links to any other left backs. If we hadn’t been given some encouragement behind the scenes, with the season so close, then I think we’d have moved to the next target already.

These Brighton fans are without doubt the second best fans at selecting a narrow range of random facts, half truths and adding in lazy assumptions in order to support a narrative. Transfers happen when so many different factors come together that it’s impossible for anybody to know precisely what all the motivating factors are. Hence why so many itk predicted transfers fall down.

This a great effort Brighton fans, but until some of you speculate that we are only interested in Cucurella to stall your March to domestic domination you will be a poor second to Villa fans on the Grealish thread.

Both sets of fans would give the dippers a run for their money in the Deludamol Cup.

So, besides the Brighton-fans going bananas on here... any news on Cucurella today? Other than Romano’s update on him being unhappy?

Thats the thing Cucurella isn't about Value. Haaland you signed for his buy out clause, Leeds needed to sell. We don't need to sell.

I have seen that you are now open to selling Mcatee. We really wanted him and you turned down an 8M offer from us last year. I can see you slapping a £20m value on him (not a value signing then like Cucurella to you). I can see a deal evolving round them two where you sting us and we sting you.

On an aside I looked up the highest fee received for a player from a league 1 club. Depending on who you believe it seems to be £11m for Lookman from Charlton to Everton. You sold Bazunu for £15m to Southampton. The highest level he had played domestically was league 1. That Man City tax works both ways.
Seriously you think he is a league 1 standard player, he was on LOAN.

If you think McAtee is available then why don't BHA put a bid in, remember though anything under £50m would be an insulting bid, you would be incensed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.