Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are talking about value and what fair value is/would be/could be for Cucurella. Putting things into perspective, how many transfers of fullbacks have taken place worldwide, at any point in history for £50m or £50m+? To my knowledge, Walker, Mendy and depending on how you believe the figures were set out, Cancelo... hakimi, chilwell, wan bissaka... any others? ... Taking that a step further, how many fullbacks have traded for £40m plus, ferland Mendy?... That's only 7 transfers in history... 3 being English, so the English premium... The others seasoned internationals with champions League experience... Ferland Mendy in today's money was £40.8m...

All other defenders that have been £50m+ have been centre backs... So White is a bad comparison for Brighton as he is a centre back... And also English...

The question is, when considering the above, is Cucurella with no champions League experience and 1 cap for Spain, so good that we should be adding him to the above list as the third ever foreign fullback to have a value of £50m/£50m+? Or 4th ever over £40m (I stand corrected if there are more transfers that I am unaware of btw)

For me, it is a No, he isn't proven enough to provide the comfort on value... So, for me, forget it now and move on... Make sure we aren't short of players in the squad for the upcoming season - I'm no scout so won't suggest alternatives, I just step back and take a rational view of situations...

People are talking about value and what fair value is/would be/could be for Cucurella. Putting things into perspective, how many transfers of fullbacks have taken place worldwide, at any point in history for £50m or £50m+? To my knowledge, Walker, Mendy and depending on how you believe the figures were set out, Cancelo... hakimi, chilwell, wan bissaka... any others? ... Taking that a step further, how many fullbacks have traded for £40m plus, ferland Mendy?... That's only 7 transfers in history... 3 being English, so the English premium... The others seasoned internationals with champions League experience... Ferland Mendy in today's money was £40.8m...

All other defenders that have been £50m+ have been centre backs... So White is a bad comparison for Brighton as he is a centre back... And also English...

The question is, when considering the above, is Cucurella with no champions League experience and 1 cap for Spain, so good that we should be adding him to the above list as the third ever foreign fullback to have a value of £50m/£50m+? Or 4th ever over £40m (I stand corrected if there are more transfers that I am unaware of btw)

For me, it is a No, he isn't proven enough to provide the comfort on value... So, for me, forget it now and move on... Make sure we aren't short of players in the squad for the upcoming season - I'm no scout so won't suggest alternatives, I just step back and take a rational view of situations...
Good post. I tend to agree. Think anything over 45M is paying over the odds.

“Bloom used to play poker and is a stiff arse man”
“White just went for 50 man! That’s the barometer!”

Get sosa and keep it moving.

I don’t think Brighton have been unreasonable if the £50 million value is to be believed.

I don’t think it’s an unrealistic amount, especially as I’m sure some will be add on’s etc. and I’m sure there may be a little bit of wriggle room.

I don’t think it’s as simple as if they don’t want to sell just don’t sell as it could stop players wishing to join them in the future.

I also don’t think they price him out of a move with that opening figure, if we want him enough we have a history of paying that.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t think it represents value but I also do not think Brighton are wrong and are doing what they feel is best for their club both short and long term.

In regards to whether he is worth it, is very subjective. However, I would suggest if he has another season such as the last with Brighton he would be considered to be worth that amount and also if he comes to City and does well again this would be around the market value.

In regards to whether City should do it, they need to look at the overall cost, there next best alternative (and cost of that or is it to do nothing, in which case I think letting Zin go is a mistake) and make the decision.

City will do what they consider best for them and so will Brighton (no issue with that). Personally I expect it to get done around (£43 million with £5 million of add on’s if I was to guess).
Stop talking sense, it's not allowed on here.

After watching City last night without Foden, Stones, Gundo, and with the addition of Cuckoo, if he signs, what a squad we will have.

How Pep will keep all the players happy is going to be a problem.
Your first sentence 100% true but the players that were no longer happy to play their part have left the building.

Sterling, Zinch, Jesus have left because they wanted to be playing most weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.