Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Bernardo, Gundog, Cancelo, Laporte & Aké had/have the same issues.

Hopefully Pep trusts this squad more & with the addition of 5 subs, he'll rest & rotate more.
But they are still here, so we go again and they will probably move on next summer.

Cancelo when has he said he is unhappy in the last 18 months?

But they are still here, so we go again and they will probably move on next summer.

Cancelo when has he said he is unhappy in the last 18 months?
During his first season here, there were constant rumours of him wanting to move back to Italy after mostly playing understudy to Walker.

He flirted with LB occasionally because of Mendy's injuries, but it wasn't until midway through his second season that he started to make an impact there.

After the issues with Mendy last summer, he essentially became our first choice LB & second choice RB which gave him the game-time he wanted. Not heard a squeak from him about playing time over the last 18 months.

During his first season here, there were constant rumours of him wanting to move back to Italy after mostly playing understudy to Walker.

He flirted with LB occasionally because of Mendy's injuries, but it wasn't until midway through his second season that he started to make an impact there.

After the issues with Mendy last summer, he essentially became our first choice LB & second choice RB which gave him the game-time he wanted. Not heard a squeak from him about playing time over the last 18 months.
He is going nowhere, he is working with the perfect coach for his playing style.

Laporte I do think will leave but not until next summer.

The problem is this a world cup season and as ake said everyone wants to get playing time. That's the reason probably sterling and jesus looked to leave
Yes it's probably exacerbated their desire for playing time. I get Jesus to Arsenal, but with all the turmoil at Chelsea & the new owner installing himself as temporary DoF, Sterling's probably chosen the Chavs as the statistically strongest team after the Dippers & us.

If he'd have chosen Arsenal & they wanted Sterling, they'd have one helluva team with Sterling Jesus & Saka as their front three.

He is going nowhere, he is working with the perfect coach for his playing style.

Laporte I do think will leave but not until next summer.
Agreed as it stands he's getting the game-time he wanted, albeit as a LB, so talks of him wanting to leave have disappeared.

However, as someone pointed out the other day, perhaps the reason Pep only wants 3 fullbacks is to keep Cancelo playing & happy, which kinda makes sense.

In my mind though, if Pep rotated better, we'd manage to keep the squad more than happy. Playing our strongest 11 in dead rubber CL group games, & against Wycombe away in the Carabao Cup makes no sense, & also affects our academy players who some must feel they'll never get a chance.

Hopefully a stronger squad & 5 subs will mean more game time all round, & less rinsing of our strongest 11.

Agreed as it stands he's getting the game-time he wanted, albeit as a LB, so talks of him wanting to leave have disappeared.

However, as someone pointed out the other day, perhaps the reason Pep only wants 3 fullbacks is to keep Cancelo playing & happy, which kinda makes sense.

In my mind though, if Pep rotated better, we'd manage to keep the squad more than happy. Playing our strongest 11 in dead rubber CL group games, & against Wycombe away in the Carabao Cup makes no sense, & also affects our academy players who some must feel they'll never get a chance.

Hopefully a stronger squad & 5 subs will mean more game time all round, & less rinsing of our strongest 11.
Cancelo's performance's have dipped badly at the end of last two seasons , fatigue for me, he played a lot of minutes, the signing of a decent LB will help him considerably, and it will also give Pep the chance to give Walker less minutes with Cancelo backing him up at RB.

Cancelo's performance's have dipped badly at the end of last two seasons , fatigue for me, he played a lot of minutes, the signing of a decent LB will help him considerably, and it will also give Pep the chance to give Walker less minutes with Cancelo backing him up at RB.
All of this to placate one player! Like I said, if Pep fully trusted the squad, we play more than enough games per season to properly keep our players rotated & refreshed.

And you're correct, toward the end of most seasons our players are literally dead on their feet. Now imagine being a Jesus, Cancelo, Aké, Gundog last season & Bernardo 2 seasons ago watching players being rinsed by Pep, whilst they're getting splinters in their arses.

Hopefully Pep will address this better in the coming season.

All of this to placate one player! Like I said, if Pep fully trusted the squad, we play more than enough games per season to properly keep our players rotated & refreshed.

And you're correct, toward the end of most seasons our players are literally dead on their feet. Now imagine being a Jesus, Cancelo, Aké, Gundog last season & Bernardo 2 seasons ago watching players being rinsed by Pep, whilst they're getting splinters in their arses.

Hopefully Pep will address this better in the coming season.
"Hopefully Pep will address this better in the coming season."

I don't understand that comment.

Last season Zinchenko was not in a good place, hardly surprising when your country is getting raped by the Russians, so Pep had zero options with Mendy sat in a cell.

Ake played far more until the end of the season, when it appeared the manager did not trust him despite an injury crisis with defenders.

Sterling's form and performances had fallen off a cliff for the last 2 seasons so again pep had few options.

Grealish was settling in, KDB had major fatigue/injury issues early season, so again Pep had few options.

The signing's made this summer should help considerably, the only potential player we have lost that could come back to haunt us for me is Jesus.

Sterling, Zinch great servants but personally I think we are far stronger with what we now have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.