Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't get is 16 out of 20 PL clubs voted for, or abstained on a version of FFP with an eye on stopping City. The majority accuse us of ruining football by buying every player with a detectable pulse, & paying the equivalent of the UK's national debt in wages.

The fact that until 12 months ago Arsenal, Chelsea, Dippers & the Rags ALL had higher record purchases than City was lost on most.

We've identified Cucu as a possible acquisition, have made our interest known & have offered to double Brighton's profit 12 months after they bought him.

But no! They want over TREBLE what they paid for him a year ago & yet it's other clubs accusing City of ruining football? :-|

If offering a fair price & selling at fair prices is ruining football, then why isn't the blatant profiteering from a player who wants to leave?

Why aren't the press accusing Brighton of bringing inflation into the transfer market & ruining football?

Why does this only ever seem to apply to City? )(

What I don't get is 16 out of 20 PL clubs voted for, or abstained on a version of FFP with an eye on stopping City. The majority accuse us of ruining football by buying every player with a detectable pulse, & paying the equivalent of the UK's national debt in wages.

The fact that until 12 months ago Arsenal, Chelsea, Dippers & the Rags ALL had higher record purchases than City was lost on most.

We've identified Cucu as a possible acquisition, have made our interest known & have offered to double Brighton's profit 12 months after they bought him.

But no! They want over TREBLE what they paid for him a year ago & yet it's other clubs accusing City of ruining football? :-|

If offering a fair price & selling at fair prices is ruining football, then why isn't the blatant profiteering from a player who wants to leave?

Why aren't the press accusing Brighton of bringing inflation into the transfer market & ruining football?

Why does this only ever seem to apply to City? )

I get everyone's reaction to the comments from Potter/Weir, but honestly they probably mean nothing. This one looks like a kane saga to me. Start with a low bid (75m + add ons)- that gets rejected straight away. Get told City sources confident through the whole thing. No real second bid materialises as Brighton/Tottenham make it clear they want stupid money. Brighton/Tottenham sources say City are miles away from an agreement.

I'm not trying to criticise City, I'm pretty sure he's not worth 50m atm. Although could be when considering if we got 5-6 good years out of him or am I saying City can't negotiate- I respect that City set a price and are willing to walk away if a club tries to ask for way above value. I just think there are a lot of parallels. A lot of ITKs reported last year of second bids for Kane and confidence at the City end it would get done. There was a lot of reliance on Kane striking- as I think there is on this deal that Cucurella throws his toys out. I'm not sure that's going to happen tbh. I hope we do go get a different LB if it doesn't materialise.
Imagine if we had gotten Kane. Bayern would have gotten Haaland. So happy we missed out on Kane.

You could say that again.

Why does this only ever seem to apply to City? )
Good points mate, and worth repeating.

Remember last season we HAD to pay what Spurs wanted for Kane, 150M and anything less was disrespectful.
The same press who said us paying Jack Grealish’s release fee was a disgrace and unfair on poor little Villa.
We really can’t ever win with these narrative shifting clickbait idiots.

It is, but why city messing about with the transfer fee, just pay the asking price or move on
does not do both the player and city any good in the media or with Brighton and their fans toward the city fans
None of that is relevant. This is a business decision. Not some 'please the fans' kumbaya party. Whether City gets the player or not will come after serious negotiations. How either fans feel here is irrelevant. We'll all be fine ( both City and Brighton fans) no matter the outcome.

Also, negotiating is not messing about. It's the sign of a serious front office. On both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.