Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you all so convinced Bloom can out smart the Sheikh and powers that be at City? It’s not their first rodeo and wont be taken for mugs. It’ll cost you more in the long run if you fuck this up and we walk than it would us just paying the exaggerated valuation.
their business reputation will take a hit. and also their reputation as a team for young talents to develop will take a more serious hit.

The news

I’m not sure £100m was the right valution for him but there are mistakes in the transfer market and it’s normal
But it wasn’t his valuation, it was his buy-out. That’s usually a crazy overinflated price you put in place to deter others from enquiring. In our case we number crunched and decided it was a valuation we would activate to serve our purpose.
He had a mixed bag first season but now Haaland is here I think he’ll shine this season and form a decent partnership. Add in Foden and KDB feeding him and thats a scary prospect for other teams to face. Not to mention our other top players, but JG will be a different player this year and may just justify that price tag.
However, Cucurella albeit a decent player for Brighton, is facing a different prospect if he comes to City. He’s currently decent but could be outstanding under Pep and that’s where you need to be careful. Ruin that chance for him to develop and play CL football and it could cost you much more long term.

Walk then.
We will but clearly we think you’ll buckle… but to think we are not already in talks with other agents and players is crazy. Brighton are trying to play Billy big bollocks and it’ll bite you if we do walk, it’ll send a message to any potential signing who see’s you as a stepping stone (which you are) that you’ll hamper their progression and they’ll not sign for you. Buy letting him go and making a healthy profit at say £35-40m you win, they win and we win by filling a void.

You make some decent points mate, but it has to be said you have an eccentric relationship with punctuation that does make your stuff very difficult to read.

Which is a shame, as those who persevere through the impenetrable blocks of text with no coherent structure will I’m sure find it worth the effort.
Thanks for the feedback, genuinely. I'll see if posting in a more conventional style will help. Cheers!

I just think we are coming to a point where release clauses will become a normal thing in contracts. It gives the player the power, of not staying at a club if their level is beyond that said club. also If they have bigger aspirations as a player than the club they are at.

But it wasn’t his valuation, it was his buy-out. That’s usually a crazy overinflated price you put in place to deter others from enquiring. In our case we number crunched and decided it was a valuation we would activate to serve our purpose.
He had a mixed bag first season but now Haaland is here I think he’ll shine this season and form a decent partnership. Add in Foden and KDB feeding him and thats a scary prospect for other teams to face. Not to mention our other top players, but JG will be a different player this year and may just justify that price tag.
However, Cucurella albeit a decent player for Brighton, is facing a different prospect if he comes to City. He’s currently decent but could be outstanding under Pep and that’s where you need to be careful. Ruin that chance for him to develop and play CL football and it could cost you much more long term.

Unlike other crazy overinflated price buy out, 100M buy out was forced by Grealish's agent when he extended the contract in the summer of 2020. The price was overinflated but not crazy, perhaps 20-30M above. His previous contract would expire in 2022. Villa would be in a very weak position if Grealish did not extend the contract and went into the market in the summer of 2021. So in the end Villa accepted the release clause thinking no one would pay such amount given the covid situation.

Simply put - If Grealish did not extend the contract, he would be sold for less than 100M in 2021. If Grealish extended the contract without the release clause, he would never be sold by Villa....

Not when you want something that's not yours...everything has a price...you may decide to pay what the owner desires. No one knows the asking price. You will get him I'm sure but don't always underestimate little clubs like Brighton. You may have Superior players but I know who I would back when it comes to picking a business fight with Bloom.
Exhausting bollocks

You valued him at £100m and therefore paid it ?
If you valued him less then you could of simply offered less ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.