Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike other crazy overinflated price buy out, 100M buy out was forced by Grealish's agent when he extended the contract in the summer of 2020. The price was overinflated but not crazy, perhaps 20-30M above. His previous contract would expire in 2022. Villa would be in a very weak position if Grealish did not extend the contract and went into the market in the summer of 2021. So in the end Villa accepted the release clause thinking no one would pay such amount given the covid situation.

Simply put - If Grealish did not extend the contract, he would be sold for less than 100M in 2021. If Grealish extended the contract without the release clause, he would never be sold by Villa....
He is also a boyhood Villa fan so would do all he can to help them out, but I suspect nobody thought he’d really go for the £100m when it was inserted unless a Barça or PSG came along. Cucurella doesn’t care about Brighton or their fans in reality though. He doesn’t care about city bar how it can elevate his career and I’m ok with that as it means he’ll put a shift in to reach those heights.

Not when you want something that's not yours...everything has a price...you may decide to pay what the owner desires. No one knows the asking price. You will get him I'm sure but don't always underestimate little clubs like Brighton. You may have Superior players but I know who I would back when it comes to picking a business fight with Bloom.

Yea but your basically fucking yourself over reputation wise with players/agents. With that model

729 pages posted about this. As Victor Meldrew would say….
”UNBELIEVABLE”!!!

OK, so let's start the season with 2 right back + talented, but unproven child. Sorry, the lack of options would kill us.
Yes, but I don't believe Cucurella was ever intended to replace Zinchenko. He was intended to replace the has been that never was. Its obvious city feel JWE can replace Zinchenko.

That said, we do need a proper senior LB.

You valued him at £100m and therefore paid it ?
If you valued him less then you could of simply offered less ?
No we couldn’t/wouldn’t… he had a buy out, hence that being the price! I’m sure we valued him at less but we did the numbers and gambled that shirt sales, sponsorship, trophies won etc would cover the initial outlay. He was the golden boy of England and with that comes a premium. We score goals, lots of them from all over the pitch, Grealish was brought in to fill a roll and add to that goal tally. He’s not scored many yet but is contributing with assists, his price was high but we wanted him so paid the buy out. Without doing so we couldn’t even talk to him!
Cucurella isn’t playing for his boyhood team in his home country though, he’s a decent player who if he signs for City becomes a small fish in a very large pond. We are looking to buy his potential that Pep feels he can develop into something much more special than he is now. It’s a totally different prospect to Grealish who was already linked with all the big boys. If he joins City he’ll get a shock initially and I fully expect there to be a bedding in period. City clearly value him at £35m which will be based on a lot of number crunching and stats, however you don’t really value him at £50m, you are trying to pull our pants down but it won’t work. The only way we pay £50m is if we pay £35m (our valuation) with £15m in add on‘s over a set period of years based on him reaching certain goals. If he reaches those goals then it’s worth the add on’s being in place, if he doesn’t then we’ll never pay them so it’s irrelevant.
I’ll add, we valued Kane at a set price, Tottenham got greedy and wanted £150m, City walked away and purchased a much better, younger forward for £51m! Kane will regret that for the rest of his life, he’ll retire having never won the PL or CL. If City walk away, we walk away for good.

Not when you want something that's not yours...everything has a price...you may decide to pay what the owner desires. No one knows the asking price. You will get him I'm sure but don't always underestimate little clubs like Brighton. You may have Superior players but I know who I would back when it comes to picking a business fight with Bloom.
Business fight.....lol. Two clubs discussing the availability of a player, it's hardly Wall Street stuff you mad head!

Clearly you are on a wind up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.