Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Portugal International. Several seasons played at Dortmund. Quite attacking not sure how good he is defensively. He is 27 or so though.
27 ... past full back sell by date.... Unless they are super proven stars. Would say Sosa if we shop in Germany.

I am suprised more contracts dont have thrse buyoit clauses. Out of intrest J H had a £100m buyout, how muvh do u think he is actually worth without the buy out?
City are not daft, the people we employ are not daft. We don't throw out numbers for the shits and giggles. If we genuinely offered £35m than our data and research has shown his worth is £35m. We tend to play fair and don't fuck about, it does neither of us any good by doing so.
If we up our bid it’ll be because we number crunched and determined his future value based on performances, trophies, etc etc and deem it a worthy risk ponying up the additional funds now knowing the future return covers it. Don’t forget we’ll take in to account his off the field value too, shirt sales, sponsorship, his ability to represent and shine for his country. All these things go in to the valuation, as I say it’s not just a number plucked out of thin air to try our luck.
As for JG, he’s not a £100m player by any means, but could be and the principle above is what prompted us to pay it. He will be a £100m player for us soon enough, quicker if we win another PL and the CL this season. You just have to look at how often JG is now in the papers or news, he wasn’t prior to joining City but he’s always in it now and it’s not Jack Grealish when they report, it’s “Manchester City’s £100m player Jack Grealish”. Look at the reception he got in American on our two game pre season.

Last edited:
The deal for Cucu is not dead yet. There will still be some negotiations. Hopefully his agent can pull off a masterclass.
yeah but you have to meet our valuation which I doubt will happen since Tony bloom plays poker and will stick to his valuation of cucurella

I am suprised more contracts dont have thrse buyoit clauses. Out of intrest J H had a £100m buyout, how muvh do u think he is actually worth without the buy out?
Think you mean J G, for me players are worth what the buying club is willing to pay within reason, then there’s a compromise to suit all parties.

They dont otherwise they wouldn't be going for a lb would they? Pol ballus is saying we will turn to other options and on why always us this week he said it's not that they doubt JWE ability but the fact he's missed 2 of the last 3 seasons (ACL and hamstring surgery) with major injuries hardly makes for a reliable cover.
Agree with u.

And from what I saw in the friendly JWE's denfensive sense is far from what is required.

The news
City are not daft, the people we employ are not daft. We don't throw out numbers for the shits and giggles. If we genuinely offered £35m than our data and research has shown his worth is £35m. We tend to play fair and don't fuck about, it does neither of us any good by doing so.
If we up our bid it’ll be because we number crunched and determined his future value based on performances, trophies, etc etc and deem it a worthy risk ponying up the additional funds now knowing the future return covers it. Don’t forget we’ll take in to account his off the field value too, shirt sales, sponsorship, his ability to represent and shine for his country. All these things go in to the valuation, as I say it’s not just a number plucked out of thin air to try our luck.
I’m not sure £100m was the right valution for him but there are mistakes in the transfer market and it’s normal

yeah but you have to meet our valuation which I doubt will happen since Tony bloom plays poker and will stick to his valuation of cucurella
Why are you all so convinced Bloom can out smart the Sheikh and powers that be at City? It’s not their first rodeo and wont be taken for mugs. It’ll cost you more in the long run if you fuck this up and we walk than it would us just paying the exaggerated valuation.

Why are you all so convinced Bloom can out smart the Sheikh and powers that be at City? It’s not their first rodeo and wont be taken for mugs. It’ll cost you more in the long run if you fuck this up and we walk than it would us just paying the exaggerated valuation.
Walk then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.