Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
grealish is a superstar of english football and icon in english tv biz culture. cucu is nothing compared to that and hence why 40 mil valuation.
"grealish is a superstar of english football"?

Sorry but that is so wrong, he is no superstar, has the personality and talent but at this stage he is no where near a superstar.

"grealish is a superstar of english football"?

Sorry but that is so wrong, he is no superstar, has the personality and talent but at this stage he is no where near a superstar.
Totally agree. Off pitch behaviour dreadful and infantile.
Has come nowhere close to justifying that famous “100 million” price tag.
Has huge calves. What else??

Totally agree. Off pitch behaviour dreadful and infantile.
Has come nowhere close to justifying that famous “100 million” price tag.
Has huge calves. What else??
Ronaldo, Messi etc are superstars, to put Grealish in that category is embarrassing.

Grealish could be a very good top quality player but even to do that he has a lot of work to do.

100m was a crazy fee to pay and it was always going to come back to us in terms of future signings, but what it did show was the club would pay whatever it takes to get a player the manager clearly wanted.

That makes the decision not to pay Cucurella asking price slightly confusing, do the club not rate him that highly or do they have doubts about him fitting in long term?

Was it the same though? I remember the rumours stating 35m as the asking price a couple of months ago - seems Brighton have shifted the goalposts on this deal.

I don't remember it ever being claimed any less than 50m. Whether that's right or wrong, that has been consistent.

Still discussing Grealish i see, look i said it again Grealish as seen by our board he is not just some footballer with good skill that can adapt in City system (Like Cucurella). He potentially could become a huge superstars that can appeal internationally based on his marketability skill, so 100m is not just pure his footballing skill alone there's many factor in here and most likely it's his marketability that our board really like about him to expand our profit if they moulded him right.

Some fan will never get this even if it drilled into their f head and i forever be grateful that this kind of fan is not in charge of our management.

I seem to recall the last time this exact thing happened we ended up signing someone that wasn't even linked a week later. His name was Ruben Dias.

we'll be fine.

Well no, the last time this exact thing happened we signed nobody, for the position.

Obviously, I don't for one second think that will happen here, just being a bit pedantic.

There have been a few examples of us 'walking away' and signing an alternative. There have been a couple of us signing nobody. There have been a fair few of 'losing out' and the player going elsewhere while the haggle drags on. Most often though, the examples (of this type of stand-off, not our transfer dealings in general) end up with Txiki negotiationg and refusing to pay for months on end, only to pay what the asking price was on day 1, right at the end of the summer.

I guess my point is, we can pick and choose an example we think this may play out as, but none are any more or less likely than the others. It will play out as a transfer in its own right imo. We will sign someone the club think is a good addition regardless, and will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.