Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will tell us Pep really wants that extra body and not happy with what we have!

Well Luke Shaw is 3rd choice at the rags maybe we go for him…)
Couldn't see him being a fan of Riyad's pasta though

it is not about the money but about not being held to a ransom. 50 mil for a player they bought for 15 mil one season before is literally taking the piss.
He was available to Man City for £15million just one season ago. Should have got him then, would have saved a lot of money

I was always surprised when I used to hear rumours about City going for Maguire/Kane and then coming back empty handed. They are smart enough to pursue players they know they can afford.

But now I think it's more about what Pep wants and what Txiki/City will pay for it. They won't even overpay for players Pep really wants. Pep wanted Maguire and Kane.
And I think that's a fair strategy. Cucu deal is heading that way only. Pep wants him and City thinks 30-40 is what he is worth the most and they won't overpay.

We have Walker Cancelo and stones for right back we have Cancelo Ake Laporte and jwe at left back yea so probably similar
Two proper right backs and Stones who can play on the right.

0 actual left backs but Cancelo who's a right back, Aké who's a centre back, Laporte who is also a centre back, and JWE, an academy prospect but the only proper out and out left back in first squad.

He was available to Man City for £15million just one season ago. Should have got him then, would have saved a lot of money
That's the issue I have with this deal, he is allegedly a player we have watched for sometime yet we not prepared to take a chance on 12 months ago.

And a reason I don't get the hate for Brighton's valuation, they took the risk, gave the player a good contract and have been rewarded by his performances. They have no need to sell and have rightly placed a high valuation on the player, so we either pay or move on.

Two proper right backs and Stones who can play on the right.

0 actual left backs but Cancelo who's a right back, Aké who's a centre back, Laporte who is also a centre back, and JWE, an academy prospect but the only proper out and out left back in first squad.

Yep but to be fairZinchrnko isn’t a left back it’s just Pep is a genius and when Ake plays there he has been fine but if we willing to walk away with a month left in the window means we definitely going go to buy a left back am relax, would be great to get Cucurlla who looks the business but we want be held to to ransom!

If Brighton won’t budge then we’re relying on a Cucu transfer request. Given he’s apparently told them he wants to leave, no idea what makes that ‘formal’ unless it’s a written type of thing instead of verbal.

Seems to not be the done thing (even Ronaldo hasn’t done that despite being desperate to leave) so will be interesting to see what happens.

I’ve said all along that if Brighton price him out the move, it’ll damage their transfer policy so it’s a very risky move from them. All their eggs in the basket of a player who will leave eventually anyway - for around the same price so keeping hold of him won’t necessarily increase his value - rather than long term planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.