Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hands in transfer request?

Can't be true, the Brighton fans told us he was signing a new contract!

Can't remember (although I should). Did it get to Raz handing in a formal transfer request?
I don't think he did but it is very easy these days for players to signal their intentions. Sensible clubs adopt a pragmatic stance. For example it seems clear that Bernardo is ready to leave City (for personal reasons) and I don't begrudge him anything after what he has done for our club. I am sure City have sat down with him and struck some sort of informal deal that they won't stand in his way and perhaps even help him get a move. It is just a grown-up way of doing things. The days of crooks like Peter Swales treating players like chattels are long gone.

It seems silly of Brighton not to accept £40 million. They paid around £15m last summer meaning they more than double their initial investment. They can easily replace him and use the money for the rest of the team (they need new forwards). The player is unhappy and won’t play at his best - it won’t be good for team morale and sends a message to young players going to Brighton that they will price players out of transfers.

I'm not sure what they paid for him last year is that relevant really. He won their player of the season award by quite some distance and I don't think it's unreasonable for a PL team top demand top dollar to part with their best player. If we don't want to pay over the odds for these players then mebs we should have done the great job Brighton's scouts did and bought him last season for £15m

Pep’s just said in his conference - Cucu is a Brighton player he cannot say anything else but he would like a left-back

You raise a valid point mate. If he does well for us, it’s very likely Barca will come calling.

And if they do, it’s very likely he’ll want to leave for the Club he supports.

If he wants to leave, we’ve shown we won’t stand in his way - and if Barca are offering us a deal which more than doubles what we paid for him (as we are to Brighton), then I’d imagine we’d be happy to sanction that deal and wish him all the best at his new Club.
In reality though, we know that Barcelona are up a certain creek, without a certain implement and part of getting out of that will be bargain hunting, and if they can stiff us in the process, even better.

There’s no way we’re doubling our money if he wants Barca in a couple of seasons. Not an issue because making money in the transfer market has little to do with what we’re about. I just don’t see why we’re chasing him like he’s the only show in town.

My respect for Aguero and silva is infinite. Their loyalty is unmatched.
That's what i was saying pal. Also Kompany Yaya and Fernandinho chose to stay when they could have left for any of the best European clubs. Zabaleta wanted to stay but realised his time was up, Zinchenko the same.

Even though we pay amongst the best salaries in world football it's heartwarming to hear players talking about how happy they have been whilst with us when they leave. Unlike several United players who just take the money and cant wait to leave lol: )

If true its a very wise move by Cucu. Giving up his next four years bonuses at Brighton to secure a move on a higher wage, a signing fee and bonuses at City. Good lad.
Personally don’t think so.

Transfer requests don’t mean much to me. There is still a big chance we don’t sign him, although I know life moves on and brighton fans would still sing his name when transfer window closes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.