Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, mate

I think what’s being missed here is what people determine as ‘bonuses’, for example, projections around where the team finishes or appearances in a seasons can’t be dismissed, despite it being a prediction, therefore it has to be honoured, these are fundamentals of current contracts!

But he is no longer contracted to that team. So none of those apply. He would then get his bonuses from us, who his contract is with.

If it was like that it would be more profitable for players to move every year. 4 moves in 4 years, 20 years of bonuses. on top of your wages. No chance that is a thing.

We will win in this as if we walk away we will find a player who to play left back and you will be left with a very pissed off player......other players (and agents) will take note and take according action....insisting on release clauses (which did Villa no good as it made our job even easier) or just not signing for Brighton at all

Look at what has happened at Spurs...all the dickhead pundits laud Levy as some shrewd and tough businessman....but where exactly has it got spurs in the last decade or two?....fucking nowhere....Look at how many World class players go there.....they don't even consider it......yet they are supposed to be one of the big London clubs.....but everyone and their agents know Levy is a prick and if they want to leave they will have trouble

Then look at our approach to signing players or selling them....we never stand in ANY players way if they want to leave.....this summer being a case in point where we have just sold 3 players to potential rivals (well Chelski at least) and not once attempted to block this..This sends a msg to the likes of players like Haaland that if he comes he can also leave when he wants....what we do is then create a type of environment where players DONT want to leave....

Make no mistake about it......you keep Cucurella you lose....you lose out on somewhere inbetween 40-50m pounds where if you chariman is as good as they say he could then spend wisely.....and you could potentially improve your squad by getting players who WANT to be there...or you keep a pissed off player.....and what message does that also send to other players in the squad who might have ambitions of playing champs league etc now or in the future?

You need to get that device sorted. The full stop key has hiccups.. hiccups.

But he is no longer contracted to that team. So none of those apply. He would then get his bonuses from us, who his contract is with.

If it was like that it would be more profitable for players to move every year. 4 moves in 4 years, 20 years of bonuses. on top of your wages. No chance that is a thing.
Lukaku mate, the most expensive footballer in history.

It's like part of his signing fee spread over length of contract...

I said EVEN IF its 50m......

Why?

We could easily get 8-9 years out of him....a top class fullback who has been trained in Peps way of playing since he ws young and who already has the experience in this league.

Who gives a fuck about the price..its not our money:
The ONLY reason some people care is because opposition fans attempt to use it against us...like it matters when we are counting trophies and success and all they are counting is excuses...its like they are thinking they are getting one over on us if we go to 50m...and some people are falling for that.....They arent getting anything over us...we are getting a player they desperately want to keep and they are desperately trying to soften the blow (and failing).....they also have to use that money wisely to strengthen and all they are doing is keeping on inflating the market which is always going to be detrimental to clubs like Brighton......

They will need a great deal of luck to strengthen their squad (which will be significanly weakened) with just 50m quid in the markey they are now inflating and every team they go to will now know what money they have in their back pocket...so will charge accordingly

While we are laughing our tits off and creating a legacy....

Fuck em
The more money City save the cheaper the tickets....in theory anyway.

Not taking it as condesending at all.

Just for clarity, you mean they would have to pay him his entire contract, even if he leaves a year in? Sorry, just can't believe that till I see it, no offense at all intended.

Demichelis must have got some hell of a bonus having never kicked a ball for athletico.
There are bonuses within a basic, mate, as I alluded, appearance’s, league positions or even trophies, I’m not talking salary but add ons, they won’t equate to the core salary but as they are incentive based, the player has every right to see them honoured, if not seeking a move, it’s been done for years!

It’s not the wages mate. An agreed fee will have been sorted when he signed.

I am talking about bonuses, loyalty bonuses in particular.

It is a sum that used to be paid at the End of a player's contract, to encourage them to stay. It is often split over the length of the contract, if a player leaves, they get what they have accrued till then, but no more beyond that.

That is why players sometimes wait around on an agreed move, to collect thay year's bonus.

A legal precedent was actually set for this, when Neymar tried to sue Barcelona that they were due his loyalty bonus and the court ruled that they were not, as his contract was ended when he joined PSG.

Until someone can show me otherwise, that is all I know, and all I believe.

I am talking about bonuses, loyalty bonuses in particular.

It is a sum that used to be paid at the End of a player's contract, to encourage them to stay. It is often split over the length of the contract, if a player leaves, they get what they have accrued till then, but no more beyond that.

That is why players sometimes wait around on an agreed move, to collect thay year's bonus.

A legal precedent was actually set for this, when Neymar tried to sue Barcelona that they were due his loyalty bonus and the court ruled that they were not, as his contract was ended when he joined PSG.

Until someone can show me otherwise, that is all I know, and all I believe.
Part of the £198m that psg paid, cover his loyalty bonuses mate. If you take the bonus payments out, the transfer fee is lower. Agents have done this for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.