Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barcelona are trying to dodge at least £20m in payments to de jong. I would have more respect if de jong realised he’s not wanted and just moved on. It’s not like they’re short of a few quid.

That is completely different, that is wages they haven't paid him for seasons, he is due his own deferred wages.

Where have you read that and what have you read to makenyou think that?

I am a little bit open minded to it being possible. I have read otherwise, all I can base it on is that. And sense.
It’s been like that for years mate. Just think why all our recent stars have seen their contracts out. The bonuses must have been unreal.

Barcelona are trying to dodge at least £20m in payments to de jong.
Exactly, mate

I think what’s being missed here is what people determine as ‘bonuses’, for example, projections around where the team finishes or appearances in a seasons can’t be dismissed, despite it being a prediction, therefore it has to be honoured, these are fundamentals of current contracts!

Again, and this isn’t meant to come across condescending, but that’s exactly what happens, in effect, the players contract around bonuses has to be honoured in it’s entirety or negotiated on exit; there’s a reason attached to the decisions of ‘transfer requests’…

Not taking it as condesending at all.

Just for clarity, you mean they would have to pay him his entire contract, even if he leaves a year in? Sorry, just can't believe that till I see it, no offense at all intended.

Demichelis must have got some hell of a bonus having never kicked a ball for athletico.

This should be sorted soon . If negotiations don't speed up after cucurella has put transfer request, it's likely never going to happen.

Not taking it as condesending at all.

Just for clarity, you mean they would have to pay him his entire contract, even if he leaves a year in? Sorry, just can't believe that till I see it, no offense at all intended.

Demichelis must have got some hell of a bonus having never kicked a ball for athletico.
It’s not the wages mate. An agreed fee will have been sorted when he signed.

Nobody really wins in this. At christmas if you did come back for him if he hasnt gone he will still have 3 and half years on his contract and i think Bloom will still stick with the price he wants. Risky move if it was me i would be sorting out a deal now, but its his money.
We will win in this as if we walk away we will find a player who to play left back and you will be left with a very pissed off player......other players (and agents) will take note and take according action....insisting on release clauses (which did Villa no good as it made our job even easier) or just not signing for Brighton at all

Look at what has happened at Spurs...all the dickhead pundits laud Levy as some shrewd and tough businessman....but where exactly has it got spurs in the last decade or two?....fucking nowhere....Look at how many World class players go there.....they don't even consider it......yet they are supposed to be one of the big London clubs.....but everyone and their agents know Levy is a prick and if they want to leave they will have trouble

Then look at our approach to signing players or selling them....we never stand in ANY players way if they want to leave.....this summer being a case in point where we have just sold 3 players to potential rivals (well Chelski at least) and not once attempted to block this..This sends a msg to the likes of players like Haaland that if he comes he can also leave when he wants....what we do is then create a type of environment where players DONT want to leave....

Make no mistake about it......you keep Cucurella you lose....you lose out on somewhere inbetween 40-50m pounds where if you chariman is as good as they say he could then spend wisely.....and you could potentially improve your squad by getting players who WANT to be there...or you keep a pissed off player.....and what message does that also send to other players in the squad who might have ambitions of playing champs league etc now or in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.