Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the £198m that psg paid, cover his loyalty bonuses mate. If you take the bonus payments out, the transfer fee is lower. Agents have done this for years.

That's you saying that, not what the court said.

A signing on fee that Zin mentions, I can see, if that is spread over the contract it makes sense the player gets the remainder of that when he leaves. But as I understand it a transfer request only forsakes the loyalty bonus. And that, with other performance bonuses, stop anyway when his contract ends with his move elsewhere.

That's you saying that, not what the court said.

A signing on fee that Zin mentions, I can see, if that is spread over the contract it makes sense the player gets the remainder of that when he leaves. But as I understand it a transfer request only forsakes the loyalty bonus. And that, with other performance bonuses, stop anyway when his contract ends with his move elsewhere.
Its fact mate. Been around football for 30yrs. I know it sounds mental, and it is, but that’s the way it works. We were paying 3 managers at the same time in the late 80s early 90s.

Its fact mate. Been around football for 30yrs. I know it sounds mental, and it is, but that’s the way it works. We were paying 3 managers at the same time in the late 80s early 90s.

It is not though. The legal citation says that loyalty bonuses are due 'as long as the player is still employed by the club at the date the installment is due'. If he is then employed by us, they don't owe him any further bonuses, as he is no longer under contract, he has beem bought out of it. That's what the court based their decision on. Just saying 'it has been the case for years' doesn't add anything, it is still wrong.

It's a long way from Getafe, the possible transfer looks no less incongruous than it did from the beginning, but all of Brighton's transfers recently seem a bit strange.

It is not though. The legal citation says that loyalty bonuses are due 'as long as the player is still employed by the club at the date the installment is due'. If he is then employed by us, they don't owe him any further bonuses, as he is no longer under contract, he has beem bought out of it. That's what the court based their decision on. Just saying 'it has been the case for years' doesn't add anything, it is still wrong.
We’ll have to agree to disagree mate. Football is a law that can’t be fathomed.

That is also true, pal, but the cherry for the player, in all instances is he hasn’t requested the move, hence he can refuse the move unless the bonuses are offered/honoured!

We’ll have to agree to disagree mate. Football is a law can’t be fathomed.

You go ahead, but that law has documented wording and it is pretty clear. And the Neymar case brought it to the surface.

So you think that next year, Cucurella will be collecting a loyalty bonus from Barcelona, Getafe, Brighton and Us all at the same time, while playing for us?

It is pretty clear in the wording I pasted above that it only applies while the player is under contract of that club. Disagree all you like, but that is the only thing I have seen publicly available.

You go ahead, but that law has documented wording and it is pretty clear. And the Neymar case brought it to the surface.

So you think that next year, Cucurella will be collecting a loyalty bonus from Barcelona, Getafe, Brighton and Us all at the same time, while playing for us?

It is pretty clear in the wording I pasted above that it only applies while the player is under contract of that club. Disagree all you like, but that is the only thing I have seen publicly available.
Ffs mate, it’s been spelled out to you clear and correct. That’s the way it’s is, Cucca has sacrificed all loyalty bonuses to try and force a move to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.