Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
If City had any intention of meeting Bloom's valuation, this would not had ended in Cucurella handing in the transfer request. We will pay what he is actual worth and that is between £35-£40 million. You need to understand that market is going back to normalcy post Neymar transfer peak inflation. Lewandowski, Mane, Sterling, G Jesus have all gone for less than £50 million. Put your hand on heart and say that Cucurella is worth more than any of those players.
I agree with what you say but what is his value to our squad? We go into next season with our present FB's it will cost this club.

50m is crazy but the position has to be sorted and he seems to be the No1 candidate and after handing in a transfer request he obviously is.

All the players you mentioned has one year on their contract. To get 50mill for sterling with 1 year left was outstanding business
Hazard with one year left?! Even Ross Barkley with a year left was £35 million.

Cucu is not worth more than 35 million. Whether we push boat out not sure by how much more.

Man City have caused this. Disgusting club, disgusting manager.

All the money in the world but tight fisted scrooges trying to screw over our club.

Another one. If we came to them with massive money they'd say we're cherry picking players but try and negotiate and we're tight. Amazing
Just one-eyed human nature. Blame someone else for the pain.

Make them at fault to allow you to deal with your cognitive dissonance (at having to accept the notion that you are in some way lesser because feel you have been forced into a less than desirable situation).

It has already been alluded to I'm sure but players are assets and like any other commodity, companies will put a ridiculous price on it to deter would be buyers. It does not matter what City or anyone else thinks Cucu is worth or what they 'want' to pay, the price is the price. I know Kaldoon and the board have proven to be outstanding business operators but to pay £100 Mil for Greals yet quibble 'allegedly' over the price for a commodity we are in need of and not a desire is seemingly pointless? Just get it done or move on, simple.

Will never understand why more players don't get release clauses put into their contracts. If Cucarella puts one in last season at say 35-40m this would have been done weeks ago.

Will never understand why more players don't get release clauses put into their contracts. If Cucarella puts one in last season at say 35-40m this would have been done weeks ago.

I always think that but then I think it’ll eventually create a tendency for clubs to put ridiculous ones in.

Barcelona were stung by Neymar’s being ‘low’ enough for PSG to trigger so now they have enormous ones in there. I know they have to have them in there in La Liga but still.

I’m sure Messi’s was only £100m for a while and Chelsea repeatedly tried triggering it. Luckily for them he was loyal at the time!

We will pay what he is actual worth and that is between £35-£40 million.

I'm afraid this is a bit delusional at this point. Brighton won't sanction a transfer below 45m. That much seems clear. You can quote me if/when the transfer goes through (or fails).

The actual worth is not decided only by the potential buyers. Take Kane. Don't think his 'actual worth' from the perspective of potential buyers was 150m last summer. But for Spurs his actual worth was easily above 150m and Spurs finishing 4th proved it. Conte wouldn't go there in the first place had Kane been sold.

For us Cucu may not be worth 40m (I doubt it, tbf), but for Brighton he may be worth 55m, why not? He's certainly their most important player, way more important than Ben White.

I always think that but then I think it’ll eventually create a tendency for clubs to put ridiculous ones in.

Barcelona were stung by Neymar’s being ‘low’ enough for PSG to trigger so now they have enormous ones in there. I know they have to have them in there in La Liga but still.

I’m sure Messi’s was only £100m for a while and Chelsea repeatedly tried triggering it. Luckily for them he was loyal at the time!
Then the player doesn't have to sign the contract really. Use Kane as an example when he signed his last deal at Tottenham they will have done everything the could to avoid him leaving for free. So if he would have put a clause of say 100m he would have got his move. The players hold all the cards these days seems they don't know how to play them in this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.