Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid this is a bit delusional at this point. Brighton won't sanction a transfer below 45m. That much seems clear. You can quote me if/when the transfer goes through (or fails).

The actual worth is not decided only by the potential buyers. Take Kane. Don't think his 'actual worth' from the perspective of potential buyers was 150m last summer. But for Spurs his actual worth was easily above 150m and Spurs finishing 4th proved it. Conte wouldn't go there in the first place had Kane been sold.

For us Cucu may not be worth 40m (I doubt it, tbf), but for Brighton he may be worth 55m, why not? He's certainly their most important player, way more important than Ben White.
Spurs finished 4th because Arsenal bottled it and Spurs made a managerial change 4 months into appointing another manager. Spurs had to pay huge amount of severance fee to both Mou and Nuno.

Conte is elite.

Spurs finished 4th because Arsenal bottled it and Spurs made a managerial change 4 months into appointing another manager. Spurs had to pay huge amount of severance fee to both Mou and Nuno.

Conte is elite.

Conte is good. His CL record is terrible though.

A transfer request.

How very 1990s football manager computer game.
It’s probably my ignorance but I’ve always wondered whether “handing in a transfer request” was an actual real legal thing in football or just a media thing?

Is it the player handing in a physical legal notice or literally just saying to the manager “yeah I fancy going City, boss”

I'm afraid this is a bit delusional at this point. Brighton won't sanction a transfer below 45m. That much seems clear. You can quote me if/when the transfer goes through (or fails).

The actual worth is not decided only by the potential buyers. Take Kane. Don't think his 'actual worth' from the perspective of potential buyers was 150m last summer. But for Spurs his actual worth was easily above 150m and Spurs finishing 4th proved it. Conte wouldn't go there in the first place had Kane been sold.

For us Cucu may not be worth 40m (I doubt it, tbf), but for Brighton he may be worth 55m, why not? He's certainly their most important player, way more important than Ben White.
Good post………the buyer will have a view on worth but it’s the seller that puts the price label on and the worth to one side (as here) may differ wildly from the other. Bloom is stubborn, don’t expect him to budge much to make this happen (and remember we still don’t know what his figure actually is).

Typical bloody Txiki this, the tight arse is haggling over the last fiver.

We take the piss out of Spurs for stuff like this.

He could peel an orange in his pocket, as my old Irish nana would say.

Just pay Brighton the dough ffs.
You do know Txiki doesn’t set the budget ?

Good post………the buyer will have a view on worth but it’s the seller that puts the price label on and the worth to one side (as here) may differ wildly from the other. Bloom is stubborn, don’t expect him to budge much to make this happen (and remember we still don’t know what his figure actually is).

Bloom is stubborn but dealing with a star player who is desperate to leave is something new for him. It's a difficult situation and Cucu and his agent may make it highly unpleasant. Brighton may 'win' this transfer tussle, but the signal they are sending to potential signings may harm your dealings in the future. Attracting talents gets a bit more difficult from now on (if you keep Cucu against his will).

I believe that Bloom intends to stand firm (that's why I was a bit pessimistic about the transfer, many on here didn't take Brighton's position seriously, optimistic bias...), but this situation is new for him. Cucu's head may go the next months and you may sell him in January...Players have a lot more power now than 5-6 years ago, especially if their agent is good. Unlike Cucu's agent, Kane's agent was poor...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.