Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valuation is important too. Why will we let a club of the size of Brighton take Mickey out of us?
Because He is important to Brighton's season hence they have put that price tag. We would do the same for Bernardo when barca comes for him this season. Given the player is really pushing for the move we can only hope that Brighton lowers the price .

Never once heard a PL player say they were under orders to play hard against us, and never heard a single one say that about any game. There are 209 players against us in the PL without subs too
Nothing to do with being told to go in hard it was the first game back after lockdown were fans were allowed back in most probably but an extra bit of spice into the players, the fans were bouncing, there is a very weird type of paranoia on bluemoon

I think it's because he is unable to see his contract through as the club is choosing to sell him. If he hands in a transfer request its his decision to leave the club and forgo any bonuses he would have been entitled to. Think that's why alot of players "want to move" but very few actually hand in a transfer request.

Yes I get that difference. But it is pretty clear that it is only for the bonus/installment up to that point. Not what remains beyond it whether that is one year 2, 3, 4 etc.

Good post………the buyer will have a view on worth but it’s the seller that puts the price label on and the worth to one side (as here) may differ wildly from the other. Bloom is stubborn, don’t expect him to budge much to make this happen (and remember we still don’t know what his figure actually is).
37 million. That's his figure. Txiki's is 32. There is a 5 million difference.

Wonder if he will be involved in today’s friendly at the amex? and if so I wonder what kind of reaction he will get from the Brighton fans

Totally. I made a similar point a few weeks back but was categorically shot down. If people think every transfer follows the exact same process/rules they're naive. It's like a divorce...the party being asked/told to leave is gonna ask for more than they 'rightly' deserve.....human nature!

Oh ffs. It is an employment contract, not a fucking oath or a Shakespearean tragedy. And nobody gets told to leave, the club doesn't make them leave etc
They accept another offer, and the club accept to let another club buy them out of the contract for a value they agrer. At which point that contract and everything with it ends. A transfer request forsakes any bonus due for that year. The contract ending itself forsakes everything else regardless, because the employment has ended.

Bloom is stubborn but dealing with a star player who is desperate to leave is something new for him. It's a difficult situation and Cucu and his agent may make it highly unpleasant. Brighton may 'win' this transfer tussle, but the sign they are sending to potential signings may harm your dealings in the future. Attracting talents gets a bit more difficult from now on (if you keep Cucu against his will).

I believe that Bloom intends to stand firm (that's why I was a bit pessimistic about the transfer, many on here didn't take Brighton's position seriously, optimistic bias...), but this situation is new for him. Cucu's head may go the next months and you may sell him in January...Players have a lot more power now than 5-6 years ago, especially if their agent is good. Unlike's Cucu's agent, Kane's agent was poor...
Sorry, this is nonsensical talk. There is nothing to take seriously. Team A is interested in a player and negotiates with Team B.

This notion that Bloom is stubborn is silly. No one cares. Like you pointed out, he too has pressures to deal with. Including having a reputation as a bad owner amongst agents.

No one is different or special. He is simply going to negotiate like everyone else. Either he and his opposite number finds a compromise or they both walk.

If Bloom is as smart as everyone keeps claiming he is, then this deal gets done. Coz surely he is smart enough to recognize that his team loses more if this breaks down.

He'd keep his tough guy reputation though. I'm sure that's worth something :)

What has the size of Brighton got to do with anything?

This is to do with a player the club badly need, a position we have had a major weakness in for at least 2 seasons.

IF this player is the one, 10m which seems to be the difference if reports are to believed is hardly a huge amount in a business of our size and for a young player than could give us a decade's service if he is the real deal.

We paid 50m for Walker, 50m for Mendy and 50-60 million on Cancelo, so it not an outrageous demand from Brighton.
Txiki thinks it is. And I kinda agree. FFP and all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.