Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is going on with this deal. It’s not about the player valuation. Smoke and mirrors.
I have thought that, are we dragging it out so we can sign someone else maybe? This drama Brighton are creating in the media does enable us to go about our business, we know they’ll not budge so keep upping our bid below their base amount. I’m more in hope than belief but wouldn’t surprise me, we’ve signed players out the blue before.

I don’t remember the 35m thing you’re talking about, so bloom is doing a levy? Very interesting.

Personally I’d consider 45m to be a fair price all things considered
I dont know either where the £35m has come from. The first time i knew how much Brighton wanted was ehen it came out your offer was £30m and a tweet saying £20m was the difference.

They charged Arsenal £50 million for Ben White! What are you talking about?

You can’t guarantee anything.
Don't ask me why, but this had me laughing my balls off.
I gotta give you props on this one CWC.

I don't really see an issue with Brighton looking for a fee somewhere close to 50m for their best player. For those saying he's only had one good season it's very easy to flip that and say the guy has come to a new country and totally smashed it straight from the off, ending up one of the top full-backs in the league. How high is his ceiling? Especially being coached by someone like Pep who will in all probability improve him even further.

Having said that, I think if City have offered anywhere close to 45m (we don't really know the ins and outs of what's gone on), it would be a mistake for Brighton not to work something out, particularly after the transfer request. Although it might not seem much, it's still a very public message that a player has moved from 'liking the possibility of furthering their career, but will respect their club's wishes,' to 'no longer wants to play for the club and is actively seeking an escape'.

Gut feeling is Bloom appears too entrenched now but 'undisclosed fee' can still leave all parties effectively saving face. We'll see.

Yep - they’ll get the ‘We showed City who’s boss’ cup, previously held by Tottenham and Napoli amongst others, while we’ll quietly get on with winning the League instead.

They can talk about it in hallowed, hushed tones on the stadium tour for years to come.

Summer 2022 - our crowning moment. Our great leader stuck it to those bastards at City, and everyone was talking about us………for a couple of weeks. The nation’s gaze was upon us, dazzled by our audacity. Yes, they might have gone on and won the league anyway - and yes, no fucker worth anything would ever consider signing for us again. And I know we sold him to Barcelona on tick for half the price the next summer. But that summer of ‘22 - boy did we show them. We really stuck it to them. Ask your granddad about it!
LMFAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.