Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. Many said the same about Angelino. He came, he saw, and he moved on. And he is a Champions league caliber Leftback.

Too many underestimate how good Zinchencko is.
He hasnt played left back since he departed. He is a left wing back in a 3-at-back formation. And a very poor defender

Take the final game, Cancelo, a fullback, lost Cash inexplicably on their 1st goal. Then Cash turned around and lost Gundogan multiple times in 10 minutes., These are all lifelong fullbacks. No one questions their 'fullbackness".
Marty (sic) Cash who's was a winger until a few years ago?

The same problem as with Angelino would be with Pedro Porro. Right wing-back who is playing in 1-3-4-3 system and cannot defend.

In hindsight people said the above about Angelino.

Before he came though, many, very many, thought he'd be an amazing LB and would easily dispose of this midfielder masquerading at Leftback.

It doesn't matter how many great games Zinchencko has at LB, folks will just wait around till he has a bad game, and that bad game would be pointed at as evidence he is not a "Real Leftback." Whatever that is.

Zinchencko is a leftback. A very good one at that. One of the better ones we've had at City.

Hope we get him some competition, and they both get playing time based on strategy and availability.

Zinchenko has now won FOUR premier leagues playing left back.

How anyone can actually say “he’s not a left back” is beyond me.

Zinchenko has now won FOUR premier leagues playing left back.

How anyone can actually say “he’s not a left back” is beyond me.
Fabian Delph has TWO premier leagues and he is not a left-back and a guy who is struggling even on Everton's side.

Fabian Delph has TWO premier leagues and he is not a left-back and a guy who is struggling even on Everton's side.
Delphis old an injury prone. Zinchencko got to City as a kid. Played leftback every year since he got here. He is a Leftback. Sure he is a fantastic mid too.

Do you also think Zabaleta isn't a Rightback?

Are you saying his Rightback cred is in question?
I thought it was fairly obvious? I did bold it for clarity! You said he was a lifelong full back - he isn't. He broke through at forest as a winger and then moved to full back.

Fabian Delph has TWO premier leagues and he is not a left-back and a guy who is struggling even on Everton's side. Amazing lack of arguments.

Delph was established as a midfielder in a top league prior to us buying him.

Zinchenko was not.

Zinchenko probably has less than 2 appearances in midfield from his 100 plus as a left back.

He’s a left back. He’s just not a left back you understand as he does it differently.

Its like how people thought Pogba was anything other than a left winger or thought Gerrard wasn’t a winger. Just because they play it differently doesn’t mean they are playing the position well.

Zinchenko’s give and go attributes are far superior to many other, more traditional full back attributes. I’d say he’s second only to the ugly prick at the scouse in terms of being effective at left back.

I’d like Cucurella but I also like Zinchenko as he offers a completely different way of playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.