Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps they really don’t want to sell him, and if they have to, will get maximum money they can
Their manager said they know if the right offer comes in for one of their players, they'll sell as it's the club's model, but rinsing everyone out for what they can get will win them few friends.

If they get in relegation grief & want a loan signing or two to get them out of a spiral, other clubs will have looooooong memories of how Bloom handled their enquiries.

It's a balancing act & Bloom is either grabbing what he can whilst he can, or playing Monopoly in real life & disregarding how to win friends & influence people.

Also, I've asked Brighton fans this question THREE TIMES & as yet not ONE has attempted an answer...

1. Brighton bought Cucurella for £15m 12 months ago.

2. City were willing to more than double the amount Brighton paid for the player.

3. Brighton reportedly want nearly FOUR TIMES what they paid for him 12 months ago.

Q: Who's bringing inflationary pressure into football & ruining it so smaller clubs can't compete. City or Brighton? :-/

The weirdest thing here is that BHA got Cucurella for £15m. How can we not spot players like that! The mark up on him is ridiculous. One half decent season for a mid table premier league club and its £50m+ talk about prem tax!

Not sure I agree with you mate.

Their pitch to promising, young, talented players and their agents is ‘come to Brighton, play every week in the PL, showcase your talent and if you get the opportunity for a move to a bigger club, we won’t stand in your way’.

There are plenty of recent quotes to exactly that effect from people at Brighton - David Weir being the most recent.

What they’re showing with Cucurella is that they blocked a move to his first choice (the Champions) even after a transfer request with a valuation the player and agent feel was unreasonable. They paid £15m for him, and apparently we were offering £40m - that’s almost triple their money in a year.

The agent then found an alternative move to another CL club, and they’re blocking that at the moment with an even more unreasonable set of demands.

If you don’t think ambitious players and agents will be watching this very closely, and simply won’t trust what Brighton are telling them in future - I think you’re being naive.

Why go there when you can go to Southampton or one of the other clubs with a similar model, and actually get your move when you want it?
That is the model, the only thing is in Brightons favoure is we are looking at south america and youngsters there, any P L team will have no problem getting these players like we are doing, i doubt that they really care about moving on.
However the problem will be getting EU players they will look at this and say no thanks.

Their manager said they know if the right offer comes in for one of their players, they'll sell as it's the club's model, but rinsing everyone out for what they can get will win them few friends.

If they get in relegation grief & want a loan signing or two to get them out of a spiral, other clubs will have looooooong memories of how Bloom handled their enquiries.

It's a balancing act & Bloom is either grabbing what he can whilst he can, or playing Monopoly in real life & disregarding how to win friends & influence people.

Also, I've asked Brighton fans this question THREE TIMES & as yet not ONE has attempted an answer...

1. Brighton bought Cucurella for £15m 12 months ago.

2. City were willing to more than double the amount Brighton paid for the player.

3. Brighton reportedly want nearly FOUR TIMES what they paid for him 12 months ago.

Q: Who's bringing inflationary pressure into football & ruining it so smaller clubs can't compete. City or Brighton? :-/
I did answer this.

IMO could the same be said about Villa and the J G buy out, maybe City paying it or Chelsea overpaying for Cucu, or City and Fodens payrise.

I've read on here from itk's and informed journalists elsewhere that, for almost all our transfers, we are in discussion with intermediaries at clubs for months so we have an idea of what the transfer will be.

We either didn't have discussions/an idea beforehand or Brighton increased what they'd accept.

According to ornstein colwill is a separate transaction from cucurella. Brighton want to do it at the same time to make sure Chelsea then don’t refuse to sell colwill.

sounds like it will be circa £55 mil for cucurella

Circa £15 mil for colwill

So approx £40 mil cash outlay for Chelsea and Brighton get a brilliant prospect in return and good cash for cucurella. Brilliant deal for them tbf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.