March for the Alternative-26th March

tueartsboots said:
SWP's back said:
Was it successful? Did it prevent the war?
We know it didn't but this time we have a coalition gov and a lot of Lib Dems already have squeaky bum cheeks- but hey, let's just sit back, get fucked over and watch the England game. You may have it cushty but there are plenty who don't and are about to lose there livelihoods in the months to come but your ok Jack, fuck em.

No - I would rather something be done about it now then any watered down plans that would amount to pissing on a housefire.

I would guess the majority on the march are simply there for ideological reasons, hence them not marching under the last government when they fucked up.

SWP's back said:
tueartsboots said:
We know it didn't but this time we have a coalition gov and a lot of Lib Dems already have squeaky bum cheeks- but hey, let's just sit back, get fucked over and watch the England game. You may have it cushty but there are plenty who don't and are about to lose there livelihoods in the months to come but your ok Jack, fuck em.

No - I would rather something be done about it now then any watered down plans that would amount to pissing on a housefire.

I would guess the majority on the march are simply there for ideological reasons, hence them not marching under the last government when they fucked up.
I know what you are saying, why didn't we complain when everything looked rosy. The speed at which the Labour government covered the banks meant there was no time to organise a protest, it has been long accepted WHOMEVER came into power would NEED to make cuts, that is not up for debate. What is, however, is the SPEED and how drastic.
We are now in conflict with Libya and we are going to cut our armed forces personnel as well as scrapping no end of projects-what are we supposed to do? send our lads and lasses to Afghan for 9 months, bring them home for a weekends break, send them to Iraq for 9 months, bring them back and then send them to Libya?
The only point we are trying to make is that the cuts are too much, too soon.
Today it has been stated growth will be 1.7% compared to the 2.2% previously considered.
We have 2.7m on the dole today and several hundred thousand will be added to this in the next six months, so will most likely be over 3m by August- very few private sectors are being created- why? oh yeah, growth isn't going to be what was anticipated.<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:57 pm --<br /><br />Can I just add, I didn't agree with a lot of Labours decisions PFI for one, costing the taxpayer millions unnecessarily

Bugs Bunny said:
kronkonite said:
bollocks capitalism is built on fleecing the poorest most

the less you can afford to repay the more you'll have to repay

those that lend to those that can't borrow i e brighthouse (i'm going to fucking fuck that shop over)
should be told by legislation that their loan books are illegal
and they're not getting a fucking penny

If people can afford to pay back the finance to companies like Brighthouse, then surley they can afford to save up a few quid a week in the first place to buy what they want. They could do this, but for many they just can't be arsed.
companies like brighthouse are set up to fleece the poor,its the only way poor people can have a little luxury item ie TVs, luxuries that rich people take for granted. the brighthouses offer these people the never never and make massive profits on the extortionate interest charged.

ernesto said:
Bugs Bunny said:
If people can afford to pay back the finance to companies like Brighthouse, then surley they can afford to save up a few quid a week in the first place to buy what they want. They could do this, but for many they just can't be arsed.
companies like brighthouse are set up to fleece the poor,its the only way poor people can have a little luxury item ie TVs, luxuries that rich people take for granted. the brighthouses offer these people the never never and make massive profits on the extortionate interest charged.

So we shouldn't allow the poor to think above their station and get a big tv?

Or maybe give 40" Bravia's on welfare?<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:10 pm --<br /><br />
tueartsboots said:
SWP's back said:

I know what you are saying, why didn't we complain when everything looked rosy. The speed at which the Labour government covered the banks meant there was no time to organise a protest, it has been long accepted WHOMEVER came into power would NEED to make cuts, that is not up for debate. What is, however, is the SPEED and how drastic.
We are now in conflict with Libya and we are going to cut our armed forces personnel as well as scrapping no end of projects-what are we supposed to do? send our lads and lasses to Afghan for 9 months, bring them home for a weekends break, send them to Iraq for 9 months, bring them back and then send them to Libya?
The only point we are trying to make is that the cuts are too much, too soon.
Today it has been stated growth will be 1.7% compared to the 2.2% previously considered.
We have 2.7m on the dole today and several hundred thousand will be added to this in the next six months, so will most likely be over 3m by August- very few private sectors are being created- why? oh yeah, growth isn't going to be what was anticipated.

-- Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:57 pm --

Can I just add, I didn't agree with a lot of Labours decisions PFI for one, costing the taxpayer millions unnecessarily

Fair enough, I hope you enjoy your day out.

SWP's back said:
ernesto said:

Or maybe give 40" Bravia's on welfare?
no they should give people a decent standard of living, so patronising prats like you would shut the f... up

ernesto said:
SWP's back said:

Or maybe give 40" Bravia's on welfare?
no they should give people a decent standard of living, so patronising prats like you would shut the f... up

Who should give them a decent living?

ernesto said:
SWP's back said:
Who should give them a decent living?
prat alert

Now you see why you think I am patronising.

Maybe if you actually formed a coherant argument like tuertsboots, you wouldn't think that.

You didn't answer the question.

SWP's back said:
ernesto said:
prat alert

Maybe if you actually formed a coherant argument like tuertsboots, you wouldn't think that.

and you think you are coherent trying at every oppertunity to belittle people, sarcasm as they say is the lowest form of wit.

ernesto said:
SWP's back said:

and you think you are coherent trying at every oppertunity to belittle people, sarcasm as they say is the lowest form of wit.

I'll take that as no answer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.