March for the Alternative-26th March

Ronnie the Rep said:
SWP's back said:
And whilst I disagree with your views, I admire your passion.

I agree mate. There are no easy answers to this and the IMF etc seem to think Cameron is getting it about right - time will tell
IMF know they won't need to bail us out, unlike Greece and Portugal as we are the fourth richest economy in the world thats why they are happy. Growth has slowed right down, inflation is up to 4.4%, people are about to get made redundant and therefore not spending so RPI is down to 1.5%. Unemployment is going to grow, we now have the lowest employment figures for the 16-24 yr old bracket. If they are not working, who's going to do our jobs when we croak?
It's not about now, it's about the future of this country.
Your children/grandchildren being burdened with a possible £50,000 debt by going to Uni?
Is this right?

Funny that you say inflation is up but rpi is down as rpi used to be the measure of inflation.

If the deficit wasn't tackled now, then the burden would be with the next generation.

Uni students only pay the debt back when it is affordable to do so or never at all.

As for who does the jobs when you croak? Does that not sound contradictory to you as you just said there will be many unemployed to take over your job?

ElanJo said:
tueartsboots said:
The only point we are trying to make is that the cuts are too much, too soon.

Too little, too late, more like.
Not really no. Late, yes I can agree with. But the depth and speed is not going to of benefit<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:18 pm --<br /><br />
SWP's back said:
Funny that you say inflation is up but rpi is down as rpi used to be the measure of inflation.

If the deficit wasn't tackled now, then the burden would be with the next generation.

Uni students only pay the debt back when it is affordable to do so or never at all.

As for who does the jobs when you croak? Does that not sound contradictory to you as you just said there will be many unemployed to take over your job?
Wrong, inflation is calculated via CPI, doesn't take into consideration house prices, fuel and a lot more that RPI does. CPI is based on a base of 6,000 households interviewed by ONS where as RPI is based on er Retail Price Index, ie from company statistics direct.
ONS simply pull a postcode out of box and contact the household and interview them once a year.

tueartsboots said:
ElanJo said:
Not really no. Late, yes I can agree with. But the depth and speed is not going to of benefit
Though many a more learned and economically educated mind differs.

As has been stated above, can't you just agree to disagree, we aren't stopping you marching, just saying that there is a diametrically opposed view to yours.

SWP's back said:
tueartsboots said:
Not really no. Late, yes I can agree with. But the depth and speed is not going to of benefit
Though many a more learned and economically educated mind differs.

As has been stated above, can't you just agree to disagree, we aren't stopping you marching, just saying that there is a diametrically opposed view to yours.
What's the fun in that?

tueartsboots said:
ElanJo said:

It's still far, far too little. The fact it's being done quickly will hurt many so in that sense it may feel too deep but when looked at objectively as a whole it's still leaving us with a bloated government and one far too much involved in, and stifling of, the economy. There are other things that don't require cuts that would enhance the economy almost immediately, whilst saving money and manpower, such as drug legalisation. Unlikely to happen but if it were to, cuts to police etc. wouldn't be an issue since they'd be allowed to concentrate on primary functions - fighting things like murder, violence, rape, kidnapping etc.

ElanJo said:
tueartsboots said:

It's still far, far too little. The fact it's being done quickly will hurt many so in that sense it may feel too deep but when looked at objectively as a whole it's still leaving us with a bloated government and one far too much involved in, and stifling of, the economy. There are other things that don't require cuts that would enhance the economy almost immediately, whilst saving money and manpower, such as drug legalisation. Unlikely to happen but if it were to, cuts to police etc. wouldn't be an issue since they'd be allowed to concentrate on primary functions - fighting things like murder, violence, rape, kidnapping etc.
Not sure what you are saying there. 1,700 Met police being cut

I'm not wrong on RPI, I said it WAS used as the measure of inflation and still is on many protection policies and annuities. You really don't need to lecture me on the basics of inflation fella.

But I shall leave you to argue with yourself on the rest. Enjoy your march and let me know what shape marble arch is in for my visit on the 15/16th next month.

:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.