March for the Alternative-26th March

Prestwich_Blue said:
Where were all these people when Gordon Brown was borrowing money even when the economy was strong knowing he (or to be more precise - we) xouldn't pay it back?

I still cannot believe the left is in such fucking denial of the reckless way that Brown left this country's finances. Until they face up to that, floating voters like me will not be able to lend them our votes.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Where were all these people when Gordon Brown was borrowing money even when the economy was strong knowing he (or to be more precise - we) xouldn't pay it back?

I still cannot believe the left is in such fucking denial of the reckless way that Brown left this country's finances. Until they face up to that, floating voters like me will not be able to lend them our votes.

The problem is they dont see what is what they just see its the Tories in charge and then start getting over excited about it. Might as well have Labour tattoed on there faces. Its worse than denial though, it goes beyond that and shift the blame so that in tehre own minds Labour did fuck all wrong its bordering on fucked up.

I dont support 1 party i support whoever is best for the country at the time and i thought if i voted Labour this country would be damaged beyond repair before christmas

Prestwich_Blue said:

I am well aware that mr Broon, both while in Number 11 and next door made a lot of very serious mistakes, but that was typical of New Labour (PPP & PFI agreements being what I consider the worst of the mistakes, closely foloowed by not regulating the financial sector), owever the cuts that the torys are bringing in are driven not due to auterity measures but because it is their idealogy to privitise everything they think they can get away with (why, even the Blood Tranfusion service is now under threat), whereas I believe in Public need and not private greed, and strongle feel that everyone in societu should contribute to that sociaty in a fair way relevant to their ability to contribute, and those that use dubious tactics to avoid - evade paying their whack should be named, shamed, and brought to justice.

law74 said:

I am well aware that mr Broon, both while in Number 11 and next door made a lot of very serious mistakes, but that was typical of New Labour (PPP & PFI agreements being what I consider the worst of the mistakes, closely foloowed by not regulating the financial sector), owever the cuts that the torys are bringing in are driven not due to auterity measures but because it is their idealogy to privitise everything they think they can get away with (why, even the Blood Tranfusion service is now under threat), whereas I believe in Public need and not private greed, and strongle feel that everyone in societu should contribute to that sociaty in a fair way relevant to their ability to contribute, and those that use dubious tactics to avoid - evade paying their whack should be named, shamed, and brought to justice.

Law mate if the Tories came out tommorow and said we have discovered Oil in Norwich 1000 billion barrels and we will now become the richest country in the world and everyone will live a fantastic life as we will share profits and petrol will go down to 0.5p a litre you would still moan about something because you are a harden Labour supporter.

Now obviously this wont happen but im just saying that people get a mind set and once its that way its hard to see the wood for the trees. Im not right by a long way but i dont think Labour could of carried on and i would of voted in a Giraffe before i voted Brown<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:38 pm --<br /><br />
law74 said:

Law mate if the Tories came out tommorow and said we have discovered Oil in Norwich 1000 billion barrels and we will now become the richest country in the world and everyone will live a fantastic life as we will share profits and petrol will go down to 0.5p a litre you would still moan about something because you are a harden Labour supporter.

Now obviously this wont happen but im just saying that people get a mind set and once its that way its hard to see the wood for the trees. Im not right by a long way but i dont think Labour could of carried on and i would of voted in a Giraffe before i voted Brown

This thread is a perfect example of why we will never have any change in this country. If someone decides to protest against something, the press will be all over them like a rash, branding them anarchists, or subversives. Also, when the police kick off with them, they will manage to dig out some footage defending their actions.

Oh, and don't think I support the Alternative march, it's just that it is the same with any form of protest in this country - those marching get pilloried and vilified. The government certainly learned their lessons from the poll tax riots and the petrol protests.

SWP's back said:
ernesto said:
you cant wait to get your little sarcastic comments can you, you really are a prat, carry on advising people how to dodge paying tax.
Whatever though I see your debating skills are still top notch. Well done.
just carry on posting your drivel, carry on advising people to dodge paying taxes, diametrically opposite to what say on here, you are a prat of the highest order, hypocrite

BoyBlue_1985 said:
law74 said:

Now obviously this wont happen but im just saying that people get a mind set and once its that way its hard to see the wood for the trees. Im not right by a long way but i dont think Labour could of carried on and i would of voted in a Giraffe before i voted Brown

-- Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:38 pm --

law74 said:

This is exactly right. Anyone who says this is all down to the greedy banks and the nasty Tories is dreaming. We have an income of £148 billion from income tax and a bill of £200 billion for benefits Work it out yourselves !!

Ronnie the Rep said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

This is exactly right. Anyone who says this is all down to the greedy banks and the nasty Tories is dreaming. We have an income of £148 billion from income tax and a bill of £200 billion for benefits Work it out yourselves !!
dont forget the tax avoiders

Ronnie the Rep said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Yep, and rising unemployment isn't getting that benefit bill down is it? We've got no growth, dozens of people applying for one job. Where's the growth coming from?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.