Marco Reus

Latics Fan SJK said:
Ric said:
Now confirmed that he's extended his contract at Dortmund until 2019.
If they dont make the CL next season, which at the moment is looking rather unlikely, then I think this extension will be purely to get Dortmund more than the rumoured £20m buyout, as that would be an absolute steal for a player of his ability.

Madrid may pay £35m+ once they let Bale go (which IMO is a certainty).

I don't really get why he would need to sign a new contract to get Dortmund a bigger fee. The way I understand it a release clause is for the player to trigger it. If Reus decided not to trigger the release he could just have told any buying club they would need to agree a fee acceptable to Dortmund before he moved, without the need for a new contract. Unless I'm misunderstanding the release clause, signing a new contract suggests he will stay for at least a little longer.

blueparrot said:
Latics Fan SJK said:
Ric said:
If they dont make the CL next season, which at the moment is looking rather unlikely, then I think this extension will be purely to get Dortmund more than the rumoured £20m buyout, as that would be an absolute steal for a player of his ability.

I don't really get why he would need to sign a new contract to get Dortmund a bigger fee. The way I understand it a release clause is for the player to trigger it. If Reus decided not to trigger the release he could just have told any buying club they would need to agree a fee acceptable to Dortmund before he moved, without the need for a new contract. Unless I'm misunderstanding the release clause, signing a new contract suggests he will stay for at least a little longer.
thats a buy out clause

bluechampion7891 said:
blueparrot said:
Latics Fan SJK said:

thats a buy out clause

OK I see, but then still don't really understand the difference between a buy out and release. If someone had triggered the release, he wouldn't have HAD to move would he ? as I understand his contract wasn't up this year so he could just say I'm staying unless the club buying offered a higher fee. Sorry If it's me being stupid here.

bluechampion7891 said:
Jack Wills said:
bluechampion7891 said:
more than pace we need someone willing to take a player on. someone who is a skillful dribbler and Isco fits that bill and is plenty quick (quicker than all our players bar sergio, navas and clichy i would say)

Bale.

Latics Fan SJK said:

We need to sign him. He's the answer to our team's current malaise. We only need Bale and we're sorted for at least 2 more seasons with what we have.
bale is someone I'd love. Pace and shooting

but he is a different dribbler Than isco. Isco is more like hazard,uses ball control to dribble where bale is more about pace. Would love either tbh

We just need someone who can dribble the ball and take people on. We've lacked that at the club for a long time. We had the likes of SWP and Bellamy who would take people on, Robinho used to be able to beat players (though would get kicked off the ball more times than not). Navas has pace but very rarely tries to take the man on and when he is often in space there's a culture to slow things down and pass backwards rather than put the ball in the box. His delivery at Chelsea was brilliant and look at it again and you'll see no City player anywhere near it! It caused havoc that led to our goal. You don't need to have a target man to cause problems with the ball into the box. Navas is also unlikely to score - he is probably the worst shot in our squad. Adding someone like Bale who will go for goal and be direct would give us an added element we have lacked for a while. Reus and Isco are good options but I think they may struggle to influence our playing style the way Bale could.

Depends on who is available on for how much I guess. Real spent too much on Bale to sell now.

blueparrot said:
bluechampion7891 said:
blueparrot said:
thats a buy out clause

OK I see, but then still don't really understand the difference between a buy out and release. If someone had triggered the release, he wouldn't have HAD to move would he ? as I understand his contract wasn't up this year so he could just say I'm staying unless the club buying offered a higher fee. Sorry If it's me being stupid here.

Buy out clause - a player can buy out his clause if he meets the value of the buy out clause (this is required in Spain by law I think) - usually you also have to pay tax on top of it. after that a player becomes a free agent and is free to sign for whoever he wants. In practice the buying club has to pay the player the money who then buys his clause out. In reality the clubs usually agree to sell at the value of the buyout (Javi Martinez)

Release clause - if buying club meets this value, the selling club can do nothing to stop the buying club holding talks with the player. Multiple clubs can trigger it. Its up to the player then

blueparrot said:
bluechampion7891 said:
blueparrot said:
thats a buy out clause

No he wouldn't have to move. It would still be up to him. BUT if he IS going to move (and I can't imagine him not moving) he has now ensured that BVB get a good fee (and he is certainly taking a cut of that right now through a signing bonus).

blueinsa said:
Ric said:

So he will now go for silly money.

Which I suspect will end our interest in the player completely. For £20m it was a sound purchase, quality player for well below market value. A new contract, and the removal I assume of any release clause, will mean you can probably add another £15m, or £20m, to the price. How much did Ozil cost Arsenal? No reason to suspect Reus would be any cheaper.

BlueDeadHead said:
blueparrot said:
bluechampion7891 said:
thats a buy out clause

No he wouldn't have to move. It would still be up to him. BUT if he IS going to move (and I can't imagine him not moving) he has now ensured that BVB get a good fee (and he is certainly taking a cut of that right now through a signing bonus).

Now that makes sense, same way Bony got a chunk of money for removing his release clause if I remember rightly. That would explain why he's done it that way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.