Marcos Lopes

Get a nice warm feeling about the number of young players being included recently, and this before the new academy set-up really gets up and running. Strange the press aren't picking up on it.

halfcenturyup said:
Get a nice warm feeling about the number of young players being included recently, and this before the new academy set-up really gets up and running. Strange the press aren't picking up on it.

Agreed, be interesting to see if there is any mention anywhere that Joe was our oldest sub yesterday at the grand old age of 25 !
(Hart, Nastybitch, Sinclair, Mario, Lopez, Suarez and Rekik)

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
halfcenturyup said:

Agreed, be interesting to see if there is any mention anywhere that Joe was our oldest sub yesterday at the grand old age of 25 !
(Hart, Nastybitch, Sinclair, Mario, Lopez, Suarez and Rekik)
Move over Fergie's fledglings here come the Bobby Babes!

I've not been this excited about a player scoring on his debut since Gerry creaney did it back in 95....

halfcenturyup said:
To be fair the youth team have hardly won a game this season.

But I've Googled Marcos Lopes and Karim Rekik and there are stories about them. "Not Ronaldinho yet" "youngster praised after FA Cup win" "big future for Marcos", "delighted with Rekik performance".

Caveman said:
halfcenturyup said:
To be fair the youth team have hardly won a game this season.

But I've Googled Marcos Lopes and Karim Rekik and there are stories about them. "Not Ronaldinho yet" "youngster praised after FA Cup win" "big future for Marcos", "delighted with Rekik performance".

I never really worry about academy results tbh. It's all about development at that stage, and not so much the results. Pretty sure there have been years where academy teams have won everything but the players havn't been able to make the step up in class to open age pro football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.