Marcos Lopes

Quite a few of the younger players that have been given a taste of first team action have then been sent out of loan. Unfortunately most of them do not seem to have made a huge impact whilst on loan. The exception seems to have been Guidetti who unfortunately then picked up that illness.

LoveCity said:
kippaxchris said:
Project said:
Mancini is not afraid to play kids if they are of the right quality. Balotelli, Nastasic etc. Even Hart is a good example.

Scapuzzi
Ibrahim
Cunningham
Nimely
Rodwell
Suarez
Razak
Helan
Guidetti
Lopes
Rekik

have all played for the first team in competitive matches under Mancini and probably more that i have forgotten

Boyata, McGivern, Wabara, Chantler (for about 2 minutes on his birthday), Mee, Vidal, and Weiss. I guess an argument can be made though that very few who weren't bought have been given a sustained chance yet except maybe Boyata. Many have been one-off appearances but to be honest many of them have been nowhere near good enough for City so were lucky to get any appearance at all. Mancini is a step up from Mourinho for trying youth players but does seem a little wary of giving any a true promotion, ie. regular football. Guidetti could be the first if one of the four striker spots is freed for him.

He also gave Balotelli his debut as a 17 year old and has played him quite regular ever since

kippaxchris said:
Project said:
Mancini is not afraid to play kids if they are of the right quality. Balotelli, Nastasic etc. Even Hart is a good example.

Scapuzzi
Ibrahim
Cunningham
Nimely
Rodwell
Suarez
Razak
Helan
Guidetti
Lopes
Rekik

have all played for the first team in competitive matches under Mancini and probably more that i have forgotten

by play I meant for real, not in games that don't really matter. The truth is our academy just hasn't been supplying him with players of the calibre he requires. but when a player is of the required standard, their age doesn't matter to Mancini - he has shown that plenty of times.

Project said:
kippaxchris said:
Project said:

Scapuzzi
Ibrahim
Cunningham
Nimely
Rodwell
Suarez
Razak
Helan
Guidetti
Lopes
Rekik

by play I meant for real, not in games that don't really matter. The truth is our academy just hasn't been supplying him with players of the calibre he requires. but when a player is of the required standard, their age doesn't matter to Mancini - he has shown that plenty of times.

All the players i mentioned have played in competitive matches Premier League, Fa Cup and League Cup under Roberto

I made this earlier today
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLzKls63308&feature=youtube_gdata[/youtube]
It's my first video edit, so be kind!

kun said:
I made this earlier today
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLzKls63308&feature=youtube_gdata[/youtube]
It's my first video edit, so be kind!

Video blocked on copyright grounds

mancityscot said:
Speaking of young players, McGivern is doing cracking at hibs. Really think he can do well at city if I'm honest

This might not be a guarantee but it will be interesting to see in pre season Vlad Marin, a player we fought to sign from Lazio. Don't get me wrong McGivern will have a decent career, but he will not make it at City.

As for Lopes, there is something about him that he could make it at City.

kippaxchris said:
Project said:

Scapuzzi
Ibrahim
Cunningham
Nimely
Rodwell
Suarez
Razak
Helan
Guidetti
Lopes
Rekik

Guidetti did?? My memory must be failing me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.