Marcos Lopes

Akira said:
kippaxchris said:
Project said:
Mancini is not afraid to play kids if they are of the right quality. Balotelli, Nastasic etc. Even Hart is a good example.

Scapuzzi
Ibrahim
Cunningham
Nimely
Rodwell
Suarez
Razak
Helan
Guidetti
Lopes
Rekik

have all played for the first team in competitive matches under Mancini and probably more that i have forgotten

Guidetti did?? My memory must be failing me.

Yes it is, he played a Carling Cup game for us

Akira said:
Guidetti did?? My memory must be failing me.
Call yourself a City fan? This may trigger your dodgy memory...

"Mancini wanted to see how the youngster matched up alongside the City first team, so he handed him a chance to impress on the club's pre-season tour in the United States during the summer of 2010.[7] During this American tour, Guidetti managed to make his debut for the Manchester City first team, coming on as a sub in second half in a match against Sporting Lisbon.[8] Two months later back in England, Guidetti went on to make his full debut in a competitive match for the Manchester City first team when he was selected as striker for the starting lineup in the League Cup third round match against West Bromwich Albion on 22 September 2010, in which he provided the assist for City's only goal in the game."

These are Lopes and Pozo goals v Burnley.

Two amazing goals - I particularly like Pozo's goal. What level will these players be at in 12 months time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ArpG5nY3-U[/youtube]

The next big Portugal superstar. Step aside, C.Ronaldo.

On the bench against Arsenal i hope.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Malty said:

Classic OTT

Haha I hope it was a wind up, Judging by Ronaldo's talent at 17 to Lopez now Ronaldo showed by far more talent!

Not saying that Lopez won't shine I really hope he does but I was at that U18's game the other day and he wasn't that great having said that none of the lads were, I said to my dad that I'll be surprised if most of the lads make it near the first team bench a few may get a chance as we have seen with Lopez and Evans but they all need to develop a lot more if they want to make it at the high stage. Talking about the U18's game I was also pretty impressed with that Ellis Plummer!

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
Malty said:

Classic OTT

Haha I hope it was a wind up, Judging by Ronaldo's talent at 17 to Lopez now Ronaldo showed by far more talent!

Not saying that Lopez won't shine I really hope he does but I was at that U18's game the other day and he wasn't that great having said that none of the lads were, I said to my dad that I'll be surprised if most of the lads make it near the first team bench a few may get a chance as we have seen with Lopez and Evans but they all need to develop a lot more if they want to make it at the high stage. Talking about the U18's game I was also pretty impressed with that Ellis Plummer!

It's difficult to make an assessment on a game like that where Burnley had no intention to attack at all. Arguably they left one man up front and tried to break quickly whenever the ball was knocked up to him but it was rare and mostly it was 9 or 10 behind the ball plus a keeper.

That leaves very little room to move so in a way it was great credit the the team for their patience and attempts to find a way through.I would agree we didn't have stand out players but we did have some stand out moments from very talented footballers.

Lopes is clearly a real talent and we shouldn't for get he is only just 17.I was concerned that he wasn't influential enough early on and too often just laid the ball off as soon as he got it.But on reflection many of our best moments were down to him (or Pozo) and had we taken an early one we might have slaughtered them.

Pozo the same.The lovely weighted ball he played through for Leigh early on was a peach.He has great feet and balance and when he learns to shoot and release the ball at the right time he could be very special.He is quite special already and I love watching him.A bit like Suarez with the ball at his feet maybe?

Evans is growing into his game. Plays a very good deep midfield role and seems to be learning and getting better all the time. I do think he needs to add some more attacking intent to his game but I expect that will come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.