Marcos Lopes

Ducado said:
So as a player what does he offer the team?
goals, creativity, good with a dead ball and he's a left footer who plays on the left which we don't have otherwise, potential potential potential at the moment really but that's why (imo) we should give him game time whenever possible and see how he turns out.

By far the best player I think we've ever had in our academy, I know it will sound ridiculous, but I genuinely think he could be a future Ballon D'Or candidate. He has everything you'd want in an attacking midfield/winger. Pace, direct dribbling at speed and with accuracy, an eye for a through ball, brilliant technically and a real eye for goal. The lad is going to be special, he's part of an incredible generation coming through in Portuguese football. Hopefully he starts tommorow

Ducado said:
Sounds good, I look forward to seeing him play

He has played in some cup matches before hasn't he?
scored the 3rd goal against Watford last year in the 3rd round, played alright against Wigan this year, hit the bar and made a couple of chances, might have a punt on him for first goal tomorrow if he plays.

BigOscar said:
By far the best player I think we've ever had in our academy, I know it will sound ridiculous, but I genuinely think he could be a future Ballon D'Or candidate. He has everything you'd want in an attacking midfield/winger. Pace, direct dribbling at speed and with accuracy, an eye for a through ball, brilliant technically and a real eye for goal. The lad is going to be special, he's part of an incredible generation coming through in Portuguese football. Hopefully he starts tommorow

getting me all excited inside... hope you're someone who goes and watches the ED games, not just saying that off a couple youtube clips. I've only seen him play a few times on TV. definitely looks class, but I need to see more of him before I believe anything like that

Bpughh said:
BigOscar said:

getting me all excited inside... hope you're someone who goes and watches the ED games, not just saying that off a couple youtube clips. I've only seen him play a few times on TV. definitely looks class, but I need to see more of him before I believe anything like that
Not seen him that much in full games for our EDS, mainly for Portuguese youth sides and a lot of highlights from our EDS and from Benfica's kids. He has the rare combination of raw ability and fantastic attitude that look just so exciting.

IMO,not quite the talent BO describes,however he certainly has fantastic ability and,i do agree,that he is one of our very best academy prospects.

A current criticism is his consistency and decision making,he impresses in patches,other times he disappears,i'm hoping this will be rectified with experience.

At his best,he has superb close control,excellent vision and a wicked shot,i hope we get to witness some of that tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.