Marcos Lopes

The Fat el Hombre said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
He needs to play games, undoubtedly talented but if he doesn't get game time he wont develop, needs a loan move either now or in the summer because he is not going to get many games with us in the run in

I don't buy this 'he needs a loan move now' business. He's barely played for us and there's no gurantee he'd play for a club that we'd loan him to. If we keep hold of him til the end of the season then he can be useful to us and we will look out for his own interests better than anyone else. We're smashing teams at home every game, there's no reason why he can't come on and get game time in these games. This is a club where he's settled in a team that is playing well and football that suits him with people that are looking out for him. Keep him til the end of the season then take it form there
Agreed, plus he's already moved over to Manchester from Lisbon when he was 15, He's probably only still settling in so it might be asking a bit much if we didn't get him in with a local club.

Lets not go jizzyjazzayahinho on this kid.. He had a solid outing played really well but that is it. the more he does this the more you can build the hype. nothing is worse when a kid thinks hes the shit and is already planing on big things before proving it on the pitch. look at cleverly for example..

We've had lots of kids that showed flashes of brilliance over the years. I think the impressive thing is his strength, for someone so young. Give him another go Saturday.

The Fat el Hombre said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
He needs to play games, undoubtedly talented but if he doesn't get game time he wont develop, needs a loan move either now or in the summer because he is not going to get many games with us in the run in

I don't buy this 'he needs a loan move now' business. He's barely played for us and there's no gurantee he'd play for a club that we'd loan him to. If we keep hold of him til the end of the season then he can be useful to us and we will look out for his own interests better than anyone else. We're smashing teams at home every game, there's no reason why he can't come on and get game time in these games. This is a club where he's settled in a team that is playing well and football that suits him with people that are looking out for him. Keep him til the end of the season then take it form there
Yes but we have battered a lot of teams so far this season and how many appearances has he made when we have been cruising to victory? How many times on the bench? I did also say end of season as I dont think he will be going anywhere in the January window which is panic station window. I also agree with you on the style of football if we let him out on loan he would be wasted at a kick and rush team

AntiUnited said:
Lets not go jizzyjazzayahinho on this kid.. He had a solid outing played really well but that is it. the more he does this the more you can build the hype. nothing is worse when a kid thinks hes the shit and is already planing on big things before proving it on the pitch. look at cleverly for example..
Cleverley is the best example out there for that. That's not us being biased because most rags would tell you the same. Lopes has the best person to keep his feet on the ground and keep working hard. That is viera.

Ireland_for_pm said:
AntiUnited said:
Cleverley is the best example out there for that. That's not us being biased because most rags would tell you the same. Lopes has the best person to keep his feet on the ground and keep working hard. That is viera.

Hopefully but when some young people get that rush of money and fame it will smack them hard(not soccer experience american sports experience witnessing it). and they can stray. its better to keep him lock and key focused on his goals in development and all that glory shit will come later. hopefully this will happen and your correct viera was an amazing footballer that did his talking on the pitch you hardly heard anything off it from him hopefully that will seep in to the youth prospects.

AntiUnited said:
Ireland_for_pm said:
AntiUnited said:

Hopefully but when some young people get that rush of money and fame it will smack them hard(not soccer experience american sports experience witnessing it). and they can stray. its better to keep him lock and key focused on his goals in development and all that glory shit will come later. hopefully this will happen and your correct viera was an amazing footballer that did his talking on the pitch you hardly heard anything off it from him hopefully that will seep in to the youth prospects.
Everything that has come out of the club so far about Lopes suggests he's very focused and very balanced, luckily for us I think the quality in the first team will help to keep him that way too, as well as the quality in the youth ranks below him.

No worries about him losing the run of himself and heres why;

We don't have to play him.

He's a bit part player. We'll give him a little bit of playing time here and there, and some of the top stars in world football, and most balanced personalities in the game are around him. He'll know his place and learn how to conduct himself around the team.

Contrast this to Janujaz, who has had the hopes and dreams of rags from Salford to Singapore put on his shoulders. He'll play 90% of their games and be expected to be the x-factor. Even if he has the talent to pull it off, he'll know its him and not the team doing it. See Joey Barton or Rooney for examples of how these types of players turn out.

This kid seems grounded, and I reckon we wont see him at Wembley as there are more important members in the squad deserving of the appearance right now. This could be a big lesson for Rony, and how he accepts that will say a lot about the kid.

I fully expect him to visit Wembley a dozen times by the time he is done playing for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.