Marcos Lopes

citytill1die84 said:
Just watched it again how good was his cross for Negredo? No mention of it :( pace and work rate is very good hope he keeps his head held high :)

not forgetting his great run beating 3 men before passing to serg who went on to score!

Don't know if any of the insomniacs posted this ;)
<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/9127661/capital-one-cup-manchester-city-defender-joleon-lescott-praises-marcos-lopes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... rcos-lopes</a>
couple of nice words from Joleoninho.

Manchester City defender Joleon Lescott has praised midfielder Marcos Lopes after the youngster helped guide them to the Capital One Cup final.

The 18-year-old Portuguese starlet, nicknamed 'Ronaldo' by his team mates, put in a man-of-the-match performance during City's 3-0 semi-final second leg win over West Ham on Tuesday, which completed a 9-0 aggregate triumph.

Lescott, whose future at the Etihad Stadium remains unclear, believes Lopes has the potential to become a top-class player.

"It's not just his quality on the ball, it's his desire off the ball as well. You can see how hard he works," he told Sky Sports
"We've known about him for a while, and is nicknamed 'Figo' and 'Ronaldo' around the club. He's got a very bright future."

Lopes has revealed his delight at City's performance over the two legs, and believes the abundance of quality in the squad has benefited his progress.

"I am very pleased to play this game. We put in a good performance and congratulations to all the team. I am very happy, of course, because we won and I helped the team," he said.

"It's easy to play with these players. It's very good for me in my development and I hope to keep training and playing alongside them."

With the prospect of facing Manchester United in the final, Lescott refused to get drawn in by the talk of a Manchester derby at Wembley.

"When you get to the final, there are no easy games. If Man United do get through, then we know it'll be a tough game as it's a derby," he said.

"But we'll there and that's the main thing."

The England international has been strongly linked with a move to the Hammers, with Lescott remaining tight-lipped about his future.

"Hopefully I'll be at the final, but it's still ongoing and you never know."

mansour's tow ropes said:
blinkblue said:
Surely we can make a Lopes song out of 'When I'm 64' by The Beatles?

When he gets older, losing his flair
Many years from now
Will he still be playing in the blue and white?
Marcos Lopes dynamite!
The fans are all waiting at quarter to three,
Will you show me more?
He plays next to Nasri,
He's better than Messi,
Number sixty four!

can't see it catching on somehow

Very good I like that !

I loved his tenacity last night and his enthusiasm for the game.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
BillyShears said:
Look a proper footballer. Really looking forward to seeing his development.

And that is the word, to many having wet dreams already, he looks promising, let him develop without the pressure of being hailed as the second coming, leave that to the rags!!!

agreed, but would say "leave that to the rags" and the rag infested media, who are so utterly desperate for Janusaj to be something better than he actually is (just like jones, smalling, welleck, clerverley)

He needs to play games, undoubtedly talented but if he doesn't get game time he wont develop, needs a loan move either now or in the summer because he is not going to get many games with us in the run in

BoyBlue_1985 said:
He needs to play games, undoubtedly talented but if he doesn't get game time he wont develop, needs a loan move either now or in the summer because he is not going to get many games with us in the run in
Don't know about that, if I was milner I'd be worried.

remember arthur mann said:
Bruun said:
Is it just me or is Lopes like a slightly upgraded Januzaj?

They did say on TS last night, City must be p ssing the rags off, every time they they discover a new player, City find one better!

oh come on, next thing you will be saying that Kun is better than phil jones!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
BillyShears said:
Look a proper footballer. Really looking forward to seeing his development.

And that is the word, to many having wet dreams already, he looks promising, let him develop without the pressure of being hailed as the second coming, leave that to the rags!!!

Exactly, and we are in a fortunate position that he does not have any pressure. Januzaj at the rags is not only seen as a world class player way too early, he is also expected or needed to produce quality for them. Lopes has shown great talent and because he didnt score he has kept the media hype off his back for a little while despite being fantastic and looking just like the kind of player we would use. He is similar to Nasri and Silva in his jaunting runs and physique. Keep giving him games here and there and next season he can really feature.

BoyBlue_1985 said:

I don't buy this 'he needs a loan move now' business. He's barely played for us and there's no gurantee he'd play for a club that we'd loan him to. If we keep hold of him til the end of the season then he can be useful to us and we will look out for his own interests better than anyone else. We're smashing teams at home every game, there's no reason why he can't come on and get game time in these games. This is a club where he's settled in a team that is playing well and football that suits him with people that are looking out for him. Keep him til the end of the season then take it form there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.