Marcos Lopes

40835_264d428ab0c4f5228c6ecd00d14ff338.jpg

Project said:
BringBackSwales said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
All depends, Januzaj has been sensational for United, but if Lopes gets given a decent run of games can be just as influential,

sensational is well overstating it

It really isn't. The boy is class.
Looking at the stats that Moomba has just posted, where Jizzyjazz has virtually played the same number of minutes as Sterling, and is beaten in almost every category, would you say the same about Sterling?

Lopes needs chances. Wolud hope he gets some time in the league too but not sure about that. Maybe before that he needs to go out on loan.

Now he is 18, next 2-3 years crucial for him. I dont want him to stay here two years if it only means 2 League Cup matches and maybe 1-2 FA Cup matches a year, probably less than 300 minutes playing time. A good loan with lot more playing time in competetive matches (like Rekik) could improve him a lot...

GoMancini7 said:
Lopes needs chances. Wolud hope he gets some time in the league too but not sure about that. Maybe before that he needs to go out on loan.

Now he is 18, next 2-3 years crucial for him. I dont want him to stay here two years if it only means 2 League Cup matches and maybe 1-2 FA Cup matches a year, probably less than 300 minutes playing time. A good loan with lot more playing time in competetive matches (like Rekik) could improve him a lot...
I agree. I think next season out on loan at a Spanish Portuguese or Dutch club would be perfect for his development. In those three countries there are a number of teams who play with a decent football philosophy and would be far better than him going on loan to a Prem or Championship club who don't have that.

We've been irresponsible as a club with Boyata's development. He looked decent at 19 but he looks very poor now. Lopes looks like a whole different level of player to Boyata but if we don't set the right development pathway for him he'll just be yet another flop coming out of our Academy.

Txiki had it easy at Barça with younger players like this because they have Barcelona B. In England it's much harder to get the right development for the players at Lopes' age because our reserves/EDSs are all quite poor bar the odd one or two clubs, the competition is just not good enough, and there are many clubs who don't play with a style seen on the continent. It's getting better, there are a few coaches even down in Lg1 and 2 playing this way and that's not been seen before, but we're still a long way behind.

A very important decision coming up for setting up the rest Lopes' career in the right way.

Not sure why he can't be a starter in home games against poor sides when we have tough midweek games. He keeps the ball, works hard defensively and seems to contribute goals/assists.

With cup competitions, final pointless CL games (There will be more and more of these) and the amount of dross in the PL right now he could easily get 15 starts plus substitute appearances next season. Surely that would be better than a foreign league?

I've only seen limited amounts of the lad though.

Don't want him to go to a premier league club on loan unless its someone like Everton.

Look at what happened with Weiss, we all thought he was going to be superb, sent him to Bolton and he didn't fulfil his potential.

Get him to a Spanish club that play good football.

I honestly would not loan him out, Lopes has showed when played that he has the ability to become a great player for us. Next season I would name him in the 1st team squad albeit being used as a sub but occasionally being able to start some games as well

Some rave about the lad at manure, sorry but Lopes is far better from what has been shown

I am certain that City will use its links with New York and Melbourne to send out young players to get regular first team competitive game time playing in the same style that City play.

That way they know they are getting the right coaching and keep a close eye on the player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.