Marcos Lopes

Neville Kneville said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
twosips said:
I think mistakes are likely, and to be understood, but i do think there's an element of truth in what Kneville's saying. I watched his game the other night, not the champs league one, and i found that he was hiding a little. Thought he needed to be a bit more proactive in seeking out ways to get himself involved. I'm putting it down to mass confusion and a little bit of nervousness but it is something he'll have to learn.

Like I said, it's August, he still needs to settle in, find his feet in a new country and adjust to a whole manner of things, including likely different training styles, language, culture, the fact its his first loan etc. The reality is until the manager has the faith to put him in for longer spells and regularly from the start, he will perhaps struggle to quite stamp his authority on the side, but I've no doubt that over a season, because of his talent and generally solid attitude, that he'll begin to make an impression, whether it ends up being enough for us who knows, but I think we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves either way.

I just think he can put a bit more in, even if he doesn't quite perform as well as he would like, he has plenty of time to improve in that respect, but I don't like to see him jogging sometimes when some of his team mates are sprinting past him to cover or to get into attacking positions. One attack they had on a breakaway the other day & Lopes wasn't in camera shot when the ball was delivered. He should have been on the edge of the box. Then when it was cleared, players who were in front of him, ran past him. I'm not saying he goes missing every time, but in his current situation he wouldn't of matched up to Sterling for workrate, on Monday for example. He can do more.

perhaps, I've only see one Lille game with him, but we don't know what the coach is telling him to do and perhaps he can build that awareness over the season, the same way Jovetic is gradually improving in a game sense as the understanding with his team mates develops, and correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't he used more as a left winger/sided attacking midfielder, certainly in first team games, with us? So maybe he is having to learn his responsibilities as well.

I'd give him time either way, and I don't think there's any need for anybody to be getting wound up about it on here, especially in August (not a dig at you, just a comment on the general back and forth exchanges that have been going on this afternoon).

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Neville Kneville said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Like I said, it's August, he still needs to settle in, find his feet in a new country and adjust to a whole manner of things, including likely different training styles, language, culture, the fact its his first loan etc. The reality is until the manager has the faith to put him in for longer spells and regularly from the start, he will perhaps struggle to quite stamp his authority on the side, but I've no doubt that over a season, because of his talent and generally solid attitude, that he'll begin to make an impression, whether it ends up being enough for us who knows, but I think we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves either way.

I just think he can put a bit more in, even if he doesn't quite perform as well as he would like, he has plenty of time to improve in that respect, but I don't like to see him jogging sometimes when some of his team mates are sprinting past him to cover or to get into attacking positions. One attack they had on a breakaway the other day & Lopes wasn't in camera shot when the ball was delivered. He should have been on the edge of the box. Then when it was cleared, players who were in front of him, ran past him. I'm not saying he goes missing every time, but in his current situation he wouldn't of matched up to Sterling for workrate, on Monday for example. He can do more.

perhaps, I've only see one Lille game with him, but we don't know what the coach is telling him to do and perhaps he can build that awareness over the season, the same way Jovetic is gradually improving in a game sense as the understanding with his team mates develops, and correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't he used more as a left winger/sided attacking midfielder, certainly in first team games, with us? So maybe he is having to learn his responsibilities as well.

I'd give him time either way, and I don't think there's any need for anybody to be getting wound up about it on here, especially in August (not a dig at you, just a comment on the general back and forth exchanges that have been going on this afternoon).

I'm not in any way wound up about Lopes. I think he's got a great chance.

If I see something I think he could improve on, I'll flag it & likewise if he is brilliant or if he's shite by the end of the season, I'll be honest about either outcome. That's what we're here for as far as I understand it.

Kalou is having a medical at Hertha Berlin, surely improves Marcos' prospects of game time?

LoveCity said:
Kalou is having a medical at Hertha Berlin, surely improves Marcos' prospects of game time?

Should help, he already seems to be the preferred substitution in the attack.

The biggest issue is that Lille are so incredibly negative the manager doesn't seem to want to take risks or play a very attacking game, so Lopes has less opportunities to play and can find it difficult to get involved when the whole team struggles to go forward. The games I have seen Lille struggle to keep possession and are terrible at building attacks. Their midfield is non-existent.

Maybe these were of games and its still early in the season so teams arn't up to speed yet but if it continues like it is he might find it difficult to make a big impact.

Lille seem to be kicking it long and using poor Rony as a target man. He's trying his best bless him, but it's an uphill struggle. Broke nicely for the goal, very direct when he gets the chance, which would be a big addition to our squad.

Such a motor for them in the second half, if just they played with a little more passes and less long balls.

Hi
Sorry men but I forgot to post here about Lopes so I will sum up
He played his first minutes for us in the second match vs Grasshoppers (UCL 3rd elimination round) at home, after that he played 20 minutes vs Metz in the opening day of Ligue 1, and he played 45 minutes on the second match vs Caen. After that ucl matches vs Porto arrived so we must keep energy for our best players and Lopes played 20 minutes of the first Porto match, and his first start was vs Lorient 3 days later. He also played vs Monaco today. So don't worry, Rony will play a lot of matches this season and with our offensive problems maybe become a key player for us, but our coach doesn't like changes in his starting eleven so for the moment i think Rony will just come as a sub.
Otherwise, Rony has shown his talent many times, he is already a good player, same against little teams as big teams like Porto he played very well, his match vs Lorient was just brilliant and Lille fans already love him and ask Girard to put in in the starting eleven. I can assure you that in 2 or 3 years he will be a key player for you, he makes me think about David Silva (left foot, amazing pass quality, very good vista and very good dribbling skills), he hasn't scored yet but he will soon and he already delivered a semi-assist (good pass to Origi who win the penalty).

Just 2 questions, do you think it'll be possible for us to keep him one more year?
And on another topic, The Mirror said Nastasic was cibled by Marseille and Lille, it's possible? I know he can leave City and we will maybe lose Basa who is our best defender for 8 millions, so do you think it's possible? How much City asks for him? Thanks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.