Mario Balotelli - genuine question

Re: Mario haters genuine question?

didactic said:
So everyone moaning about Mario, his attitude he doesnt cut it. He is not good enough, he is a liability blah blah. Would you mind if "the scum"signed him during the summer window? Since he is so shit of course? Or Chelsea maybe? What about the dippers, either one?

I dont think many people are calling him shit - quite obviously he aint he must have something to be a professional footballer but equally he ant a world beater on current form - personally i aint seen nothing to put him in front of Tevez - Dzeko - AJ or Silva - look at it another way - WAFA cup final get a booking for behaving like a twat to the ref because he dont get a pen or he does not get a decision he thinks he should and then gets a second and sent off for a stupid fookin foul like he did on Sunday

This i suspect in Mancini's dilema and for me why why he is a liability.

Sorry to anyone whose already read my thoughts but i'm reposting this from the other Mario thread 'cos that one's dead.

I fall into the category that loves Balotelli and thinks he's pretty amusing.

I love how he does what he wants.

I love how, despite his SHITE childhood, he has done so well for himself.

I love how Mancini loves him and, despite knowing about his temperament and personality bought him, believing he can become one of the best players in the world at City.

Most of all, I love how he's got the media eating out of his hand and half of our fans too. It's obvious from training reports, players interviews and photographs that he has a right laugh with his teammates and has an 'interesting' social life.

What I want to know is, specifically, what some sections of our fans dislike about Balo. His arm-flapping and scowling doesn't cost us points, lose us the ball or cost us goals. His 'enthusiasm' or 'effort levels' aren't that of Tevez but he's hardly a Berbatov either. The only thing he did against Notts that was detrimental to the team IMO were 1 stupid tackle to give away a free kick (which Zabba and Richards have done for years) and get concussed and have to leave the pitch. I don't remember an uproar on here when he put in a similar performance against Villa a few weeks ago.

Take Balo for what he is, an amazingly talented lad with a heart-breaking background and subsequently 'unique' personality on the pitch. He wears the blue shirt and, attitude or no-attitude, could become the best player in the world with us.

Garry.Cook said:
Sorry to anyone whose already read my thoughts but i'm reposting this from the other Mario thread 'cos that one's dead.

I fall into the category that loves Balotelli and thinks he's pretty amusing.

I love how he does what he wants.

I love how, despite his SHITE childhood, he has done so well for himself.

I love how Mancini loves him and, despite knowing about his temperament and personality bought him, believing he can become one of the best players in the world at City.

Most of all, I love how he's got the media eating out of his hand and half of our fans too. It's obvious from training reports, players interviews and photographs that he has a right laugh with his teammates and has an 'interesting' social life.

What I want to know is, specifically, what some sections of our fans dislike about Balo. His arm-flapping and scowling doesn't cost us points, lose us the ball or cost us goals. His 'enthusiasm' or 'effort levels' aren't that of Tevez but he's hardly a Berbatov either. The only thing he did against Notts that was detrimental to the team IMO were 1 stupid tackle to give away a free kick (which Zabba and Richards have done for years) and get concussed and have to leave the pitch. I don't remember an uproar on here when he put in a similar performance against Villa a few weeks ago.

Take Balo for what he is, an amazingly talented lad with a heart-breaking background and subsequently 'unique' personality on the pitch. He wears the blue shirt and, attitude or no-attitude, could become the best player in the world with us.

He can have as much attitide or whatever he wants but when managers have to ull him off the pitch and effectively waste a substitution then there are issues - that is the problen and no matter how hard a life he has had - or how much of a laff he is or any number of other reasons quite simply these are fookin irrelevent to our owners whom are payin top dollar for all of our players to win football matches and niot because they tell goos jokes in training

dctid said:
He can have as much attitide or whatever he wants but when managers have to ull him off the pitch and effectively waste a substitution then there are issues - that is the problen and no matter how hard a life he has had - or how much of a laff he is or any number of other reasons quite simply these are fookin irrelevent to our owners whom are payin top dollar for all of our players to win football matches and niot because they tell goos jokes in training

Thought the sub was more to do with the head injury that later led to him being hospitalised.

Edit: Which also leads me to ask why exactly people are kicking off about him? He has a fantastic goals/games ratio for a player of his age and playing in a new league. If, as you say, everything else is irrelevant then surely no-one would have a problem?

Balo may well believe that he's "special."

Most of the mavericks and one-offs that have ever played football or stood on stage in front of thousands have thought the same.

But...at the same time,there comes a point,like it or not-where they have had to "bend" their personalities and start to conform.

And that's where Balo is now.
He needs to understand that although some City fans think he's simply a misunderstood genius,that the world is against him and just doesn't "get it...". as young as he is..that with his unpredictable behaviour and shos of petulance he's in danger of getting a reputation with referees,and making himself a "marked man."

Make no mistake-one day it will cost us and him big time if he doesn't learn to channel his pent-up feelings and petulant displays of injustice in a positive way.

You simply can't rely on a player who puts himself in constant danger of reducing the team to ten men whenever things don't go his way.

Mourinho couldn't handle this kid-I hope that Mancini's faith is repaid in full.
Balotelli owes him.

Garry.Cook said:
dctid said:

Thought the sub was more to do with the head injury that later led to him being hospitalised.

Mancini has pulled him at least twice becuase he was in danger of being sent off - was not reffering to Sundays game i am sure others will remember the games

dctid said:
Garry.Cook said:

Mancini has pulled him at least twice becuase he was in danger of being sent off - was not reffering to Sundays game i am sure others will remember the games

Oh right fair enough. His goal threat outweighs his risk of being sent off/subbed off for me. Even if his attitude remained throughout his career he's still well worth that risk. Just my opinion of course :)

dctid said:
Garry.Cook said:

At West Brom he was about to be substitued (presumaby to avoid being sent off) before he was actually harshly sent off.

At West Ham he was again substituted presumably to avoid getting a second yellow card.

However against Notts county i don't think that was the case or even due to the head injury because the substitution took place around the hour mark which co-incided with the injury. He's just returned from a long injury and had played about 20 minutes in the previous game against Aris so 60 minutes in the next game looks like him being gradually eased into action as was done with Silva earlier in the season or indeed with most players returning from an injury.

Garry.Cook said:
dctid said:

Oh right fair enough. His goal threat outweighs his risk of being sent off/subbed off for me. Even if his attitude remained throughout his career he's still well worth that risk. Just my opinion of course :)

In a 4 - 0 game i agree in a cup final or CL qualifier or a must win game then i have serious doubts and that is the problem for me at least.

dctid said:
In a 4 - 0 game i agree in a cup final or CL qualifier or a must win game then i have serious doubts and that is the problem for me at least.

dddd.gif

You dont like Mario and its not what you said because you made your post BEFORE he even had a yellow card.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.