Mario Balotelli

You forgot Tevez! But yeah, still have to pinch myself at the quality those four had between them. The only striker I'd personally seen at City that got close (in their time at City, I suppose Fowler and Cole had it at much earlier stages) was Anelka. I don't think we've had that much strength in depth since for the striker positions either (negated somewhat by the 4-3-3).
Yeah I forgot to list him but definitely haven’t forgotten one of my favourite city players - the guy was everything I like in a player……his contribution when he returned from the golf break cannot be overlooked.

We had such a great squad, people like Vinny, Nigel, Barry …….the list is endless - Zabba - and on and on we go :)

Bad mouthing the player who did the crucial final assist though just does not fly with me !

Not for me. The term is grossly overused in everyday culture let alone football. In that era, it’s Kompany, Silva, Aguero and not Barry, De Jong, Dzeko.
Nah those boys were class and all played a crucial part in the treble we just achieved as did Dickov and Nicky Weaver …..I don’t indulge in sneering on the players of the past who did us proud - they weren’t Haaland or yes Silva level but they’re still legends for what they did

Nah those boys were class and all played a crucial part in the treble we just achieved as did Dickov and Nicky Weaver …..I don’t indulge in sneering on the players of the last who did us proud - they weren’t Haaland or yes Silva level but they’re still legends for what they did
I’m not sneering at anyone. Dzeko wasn’t the right fit at City and never cemented a regular starting place. Tevez and Aguero were a joy to watch together (Norwich 6-1 is one of my best ever away days) and Balotelli really got City fans too. Dzeko was just a valuable member of the squad.

Legend? I’d pick Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Silva, Yaya Toure, Tevez, Aguero etc first.

I’m not sneering at anyone. Dzeko wasn’t the right fit at City and never cemented a regular starting place. Tevez and Aguero were a joy to watch together (Norwich 6-1 is one of my best ever away days) and Balotelli really got City fans too. Dzeko was just a valuable member of the squad.

Legend? I’d pick Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Silva, Yaya Toure, Tevez, Aguero etc first.
Header after 90 mins gone with two goals to Score to win the first league in what 43 years was it ? He didn’t give up……he’s a legend alright, disappointed you don’t see it but this is life - opinions aplenty

Not for me. The term is grossly overused in everyday culture let alone football. In that era, it’s Kompany, Silva, Aguero and not Barry, De Jong, Dzeko.
You are certainly wrong about Barry. He was essential for City at the stage of development they were at when he joined.

Dzeko was the sort of player who needed to play regularly. I recall him scoring four against Tottenham and being benched for the next match. His best spell for City was in 2014 when Aguero was injured and there was no option but to play him every match during the run-in. He, along with Ya Ya, scored the goals that won City the title. Moving to Italy proved to be the best option for him.

No problem with Gareth Barry not being a legend but I cannot recall him getting dropped at any time.
Barry YaYa and David always seem to play week in week out.
Your a great player if playing every week with YaYa and David.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.