Mario Gomez

sam-caddick said:
charliebigspuds said:
we should be buying players that Munich and the like want and not buying the ones they want rid of, I'm not a big fan of Dzeko but I fear we're swapping like for like

I would swap Edin for Lewandowski, I would even do straight swap.

Not convinced with Gomez, many say he has not been the same player since his injury and I think that is why Bayern want to move him on.

No. He has been pretty good whenever he played. And he scored very good. 6 goals in 134 minutes in the cup (only against Bundesliga teams), 2 goals in 204 minutes in the Champions League, and 11 goals in 871 minutes in the Bundesliga.

But there is personal reasons, too, that might be part of that Gomez' story. A year ago he was Schweinsteiger's best friend - today they seldom seem to have contact. Something seems to have happened outside of the pitch. There is some rumours. A year ago he was pretty inside the German camp in the Bayern team - today he is part of the group (like everybody in that team), but more on the outer ring.

There is rumours that some of the players have promoted the acquisation of Lewandowski at the bosses - and in that team only the group around Schweinsteiger and Lahm has that much influence.

Gomez is a goal machine. He is a guarantee as a goal outlet in most matches. But - he is not the guy to build on in the biggest matches - but that is in my eyes less a problem of his footballing abilities but of his mentality - he is somebody that needs extra attention of the coach to really be great - that he did not get at Bayern, especially at van Gaal and in the last season.

Maldeika said:
sam-caddick said:
charliebigspuds said:
we should be buying players that Munich and the like want and not buying the ones they want rid of, I'm not a big fan of Dzeko but I fear we're swapping like for like

Not convinced with Gomez, many say he has not been the same player since his injury and I think that is why Bayern want to move him on.

No. He has been pretty good whenever he played. And he scored very good. 6 goals in 134 minutes in the cup (only against Bundesliga teams), 2 goals in 204 minutes in the Champions League, and 11 goals in 871 minutes in the Bundesliga.

But there is personal reasons, too, that might be part of that Gomez' story. A year ago he was Schweinsteiger's best friend - today they seldom seem to have contact. Something seems to have happened outside of the pitch. There is some rumours. A year ago he was pretty inside the German camp in the Bayern team - today he is part of the group (like everybody in that team), but more on the outer ring.

There is rumours that some of the players have promoted the acquisation of Lewandowski at the bosses - and in that team only the group around Schweinsteiger and Lahm has that much influence.

Gomez is a goal machine. He is a guarantee as a goal outlet in most matches. But - he is not the guy to build on in the biggest matches - but that is in my eyes less a problem of his footballing abilities but of his mentality - he is somebody that needs extra attention of the coach to really be great - that he did not get at Bayern, especially at van Gaal and in the last season.

Honest answer, Dzeko on form or Gomez on form?

Don't just think goals, think about what each player brings to the team.

Also, Dzeko vs Gomez vs Lewandowski?

sam-caddick said:
Maldeika said:
sam-caddick said:

Gomez on form playing every game for a full season equals 30-45 goals.

Dzeko also used to score lots of goals when playing in the german league.

ManCitizens. said:
sam-caddick said:
Maldeika said:

Gomez on form playing every game for a full season equals 30-45 goals.
Lol I really can't believe that we're comparing Gomez and Dzeko. Remember Mandzukic was substitute only in a team were Dzeko was scoring for fun. Now, that same guy kept Gomez out of the Bayern team.
I'm not sure what happened to Edin because he's not the same player that he used to be, but he's still better than Gomez.
And I don't get why some would question why he played on the wing some of the games when it was obvious that he was told to play that way by Mancini. Let's just wait and see how Pellegrini will use him.

I like the guy, I think he would fit in perfectly with Pelligrini's formations - By the sounds of things we won't be playing counter attack, so no real requirement to have a speed merchant racing through the middle.

additionally, I remember mates of mine complaining when Fergie signed Sheringham, saying to slow, doesn't track back, etc

He could be our equivilent?!

Oohvonkyvonky said:
I like the guy, I think he would fit in perfectly with Pelligrini's formations - By the sounds of things we won't be playing counter attack, so no real requirement to have a speed merchant racing through the middle.

additionally, I remember mates of mine complaining when Fergie signed Sheringham, saying to slow, doesn't track back, etc

No mate, they are completely different players, with different attributes.

Stoned Rose said:
Oohvonkyvonky said:

I know that they are different players, Gomez is much more of a goalscorer.

Equivalent, as in not a particular stellar, exciting signing, but one that will have a similar impact over the next few years.

Oohvonkyvonky said:
Stoned Rose said:
Oohvonkyvonky said:

I know that they are different players, Gomez is much more of a goalscorer.

Equivalent, as in not a particular stellar, exciting signing, but one that will have a similar impact over the next few years.

Got your drift now Vonky.

Yep agreed, could be just as impactive, if not moe so, than Sheringham was for the scum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.