Mario moving on

Well, my OP wasn't intended to raise the "wasteful talent" argument once again but to object to the Monza exec calling him a boy, which the replies haven't really picked up on. Maybe it comes off different in the original Italian but it's no way to refer to a 30 year old who's got genius in his boots and goodness in his heart.

He could have made more of his career, that is obvious to a blind man but I do feel a little bit that he was set up for a fall when he arrived. Press painted picture of him being a bad boy and in his first game got sent off for two yellows. No other player in the history of the game has been sent off for two fouls as soft as those.
Every tackle/foul was a yellow for him.

For all the talk of potential, Mario has played at the top level for over 10 years and has a decent goal return for most clubs. He's loved by football fans everywhere, talked about wherever he goes. Great player.

All the best to him there. Despite his flaws, I could help but like him.

Certainly a larger-than-life character.

Only managed one assist in English football, but what an assist it was !

Well, my OP wasn't intended to raise the "wasteful talent" argument once again but to object to the Monza exec calling him a boy, which the replies haven't really picked up on. Maybe it comes off different in the original Italian but it's no way to refer to a 30 year old who's got genius in his boots and goodness in his heart.
he probably is a boy to an exec, (who are usually 50 plus). Not that it matters, just a turn of phrase that nobody else really picked up on, for a reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.