Mario, time to say goodbye?

Dez said:
I remember watching him make his debut as a 17 year old vs Atalanta... I thought to myself, " one day, I hope my club will be able to attract players just like this one". Never did I think it was going to happen. I remember his unbelievable set pieces (hit the post twice that game) amazing corners, beautiful finish that won them the game. 17 fucking years old. We have one of the worlds best. Only a matter of time when he's at Ronaldos level, because lets be honest, he will never be Messi.

I dont rate him that highly but he could be something really special. But he will have to change to achieve that and I think even his apologists realise that.

Nice post Frank, fully agree.

@Dez I do think he can be as good as Messi but he needs to have the desire and hunger that Messi does, he shows glimpses of being that good alas only glimpses.
As it stands i think he is just enjoying life and thats fine as he is very good when he tries.

It seems Ronaldo has gone the right way and thats to go full throttle at his footy career and to be the best he can be, i hope Balo chooses this road also.

franksinatra said:
Dez said:
I remember watching him make his debut as a 17 year old vs Atalanta... I thought to myself, " one day, I hope my club will be able to attract players just like this one". Never did I think it was going to happen. I remember his unbelievable set pieces (hit the post twice that game) amazing corners, beautiful finish that won them the game. 17 fucking years old. We have one of the worlds best. Only a matter of time when he's at Ronaldos level, because lets be honest, he will never be Messi.

I dont rate him that highly but he could be something really special. But he will have to change to achieve that and I think even his apologists realise that.

yeah , he have to change, he have to change club and go in a club strong enough for not let him to be targetted by a bunch of brainwashed from the media referees.

Mancio said:
franksinatra said:
Dez said:

yeah , he have to change, he have to change club and go in a club strong enough for not let him to be targetted by a bunch of brainwashed from the media referees.

tommy-lee-jones-implied-face-palm.png

Yeah he could go to Italy and get that protection via a brown paper envelope to the ref, i believe it's standard practice in Serie A.

franksinatra said:
Dez said:

How highly do you rate him? How could do you think he can be?

I guess if he just fucking puts his mind to it, he could be as good as Messi, like someone alluded to. But I just don't see that. When I watch him on the pitch it just seems like he doesnt give a fuck about anything and he still scores goals for fun. If he could just turn that up just a bit, not even to 100%, he could be our Ronaldo. To be Messi he has to be fully committed, all in.

He must want it, considering he thinks he can win the Ballon, albeit, if Messi drops in form. So even he realizes this,

TCIB said:
Mancio said:
franksinatra said:

tommy-lee-jones-implied-face-palm.png

Yeah he could go to Italy and get that protection via a brown paper envelope to the ref, i believe it's standard practice in Serie A.

if you watch a bit of the real madrid's and rag's games you should know it is standard practice in spain and in england too.

Mancio said:
franksinatra said:
Dez said:

I know your on the wind up Mancio, not sure what you get out of it but each to there own.

Four sendings offs, Mourinho, Mancini, teammates have all said he needs to behave differently. To argue it is just daft.

I think the last time we discussed Mario, you told me Chelsea had just bid 70 million for him in last January's transfer window.

the guy is class and has skill, but you need players who give you more than half a season, you need reliability not a liability....
Lets not make decisions yet, but see how the season pans out...

franksinatra said:
Mancio said:
franksinatra said:

I know your on the wind up Mancio, not sure what you get out of it but each to there own.

Four sendings offs, Mourinho, Mancini, teammates have all said he needs to behave differently. To argue it is just daft.

I think the last time we discussed Mario, you told me Chelsea had just bid 70 million for him in last January's transfer window.

it was in summer. and his agent has almost publicly confirmed it a couple of weeks ago when he said balo's market value is circa 60M

franksinatra said:
Dez said:

You don't rate him highly? really?
He's 21yo won just about every major title, achieved 8 honours to his name, at this moment Mario is the best striker in his age group by distance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.