Mario, time to say goodbye?

franksinatra said:
r.soleofsalford said:
franksinatra said:
To be honest pal Ronaldo and Messi are both incredible players. Ronaldo hit nearly 40 goals in England in one seaon, an incredible record and Messi is the best player individually, while fitting in the framework of the team.

Football has been full of players with great ability but are surpassed by others with less ability. We have an example in our team now with Milner outstripping Johnson even though the latter is technically better. My favourite all time player is Kinkladze, an incredible talent wasted.

I hope Mario realises, puts the effort in and we benefit rather than another side.

mario is going to be great, his overall mood seems better imo, his work ethic and ability seem to improve every game. he also seems less impetuous, but i think we all know that is a work in progress.

besides the media love rooney and as a person is there a bigger twat in football

Your right about Rooney but compare his influence and work ethic on the team compared to Marios. Comparisons with Messi and the like are also ridiculous at this stage and he has shown hardly anything to suggest he can reach that level. Sergio has been here 6 months and equalled his premier leage goals already without the aid of a number of penalties.

Like I said before you could name six or seven players who have influenced the teams more this year. Hardly an illustration of the worlds best player.

I hope your right about his change in attitude, because at the moment I see a struggling out of form Dzeko, Aguero ran into the ground, neccessity forcing us to play one upfront while Mario plays with napkins due to another needless sending off.

rooney is 5 years older than balotelli.

the f.a. managed to get his ban reduced after he was sent off for kicking the fuck out of an opposition player while staring at him on the ground.

yes balotelli isnt perfect but at 21 he is a rare talent that we can hopefully nurture into a fantastic player, but not for his sake but for ours and citys.

i could almost guarantee if mario played for the rags the media would have their collective tongue up his ring

I have seen very little during his stint in England that has made me think 'Wow', this boy has talent. Little bursts doesn't cut it with me. This League is unique and you need a special mindset to compete and be successful. Sergio has it but at the moment, Mario doesn't.
He needs a complete attitude change and an Agent who stops telling him that he is already as good as Messi.

Didactic says Mario is superior to Rooney in pace, ability, finishing, vision, passing and technique. I say only one, or none at all.

I have no doubt he has the potential, but at the moment, for me, it is all just hype and I don't think we have missed him one bit.

Would we miss Sergio more if he was out for 5-6 weeks? 100% yes.

Salford_Blue said:
I have seen very little during his stint in England that has made me think 'Wow', this boy has talent. Little bursts doesn't cut it with me. This League is unique and you need a special mindset to compete and be successful. Sergio has it but at the moment, Mario doesn't.
He needs a complete attitude change and an Agent who stops telling him that he is already as good as Messi.

Didactic says Mario is superior to Rooney in pace, ability, finishing, vision, passing and technique. I say only one, or none at all.

I have no doubt he has the potential, but at the moment, for me, it is all just hype and I don't think we have missed him one bit.

Again you are comparing Mario NOW to Sergio NOW do you know there was a time when Sergio spent a long period of time on the bench while in Spain?. His manager preferred other players before him. All this was while Sergio was older than Mario. I think what we have here is a case of personal dislike rather than actually looking at the players as they are.

Salford_Blue said:

im not going down the road of calling one city player in an attempt to justify another.

CTID

He needs to come back from this ban and starting tomorrow, make that centre forward spot his own. No fucking about, no strops, just get out there and show the manager and the rest of the world what he is capable of.

If he does, I have no worries about where that title is heading.

didactic said:
franksinatra said:
r.soleofsalford said:
mario is going to be great, his overall mood seems better imo, his work ethic and ability seem to improve every game. he also seems less impetuous, but i think we all know that is a work in progress.

besides the media love rooney and as a person is there a bigger twat in football

Your right about Rooney but compare his influence and work ethic on the team compared to Marios. Comparisons with Messi and the like are also ridiculous at this stage and he has shown hardly anything to suggest he can reach that level. Sergio has been here 6 months and equalled his premier leage goals already without the aid of a number of penalties.

Like I said before you could name six or seven players who have influenced the teams more this year. Hardly an illustration of the worlds best player.

I hope your right about his change in attitude, because at the moment I see a struggling out of form Dzeko, Aguero ran into the ground, neccessity forcing us to play one upfront while Mario plays with napkins due to another needless sending off.

Rooney is older than Mario, more protected than Mario and the media/national darling. Mario has battled racism in his own country of birth, media hounding and unfair treatment at the hands of fans/refs alike. Your comparing the two sounds very "Gary Nevillish" looking for things like who runs around more or who puts a shift in. Mario does too but he is so good it looks effortless. I have seen him dead balls in the box and defend from the front and it is ignored. When Rooney scores 4 penalties in as many games he is world class. In all aspects

Pace.
Ability.
Finishing.
Vision.
Passing.
Technique.

Mario is better than Rooney you also ignore the fact that Rooneys gaffer wanted Mario until he made it clear he would only play for Mancini.

At Marios age Rooney was no where near the player Mario is nor has he the same ability now. Mario is a better player than Rooney only difference is Rooney is focal point of United attack, Mario is not in our team which is full of super stars. If Mario was English the wankfest would have us drowning in cumm. Yet he is not so he is "not that good". Name me any player in the history of football who at 20 scored 2, made 2 and had a player sent off versus United. Ever?.

I have to disagree regards saying Mario Balotelli has better passing & vision than Rooney. For me, Rooney is one of the best passers in the Prem, its just his other attributes that are massively over-rated. To add to the argument, I would much rather play Balotelli who just has the occasional rush of blood as opposed to Tevez who could not care less about the club.

ForzaMancini said:
I have to disagree regards saying Mario Balotelli has better passing & vision than Rooney. For me, Rooney is one of the best passers in the Prem, its just his other attributes that are massively over-rated. To add to the argument, I would much rather play Balotelli who just has the occasional rush of blood as opposed to Tevez who could not care less about the club.

Why are Rooneys assists always so low then?.

Salford_Blue said:

+1

Prozzy shagger has got better passing and vision. Tends to drop into space a lot then ping it out wide easy enough. But prozzy shagger has had time to devlop this and has become a much more cultured player as he's grown older, comparing a 21 year old boy who is only in his second year in the prem and england to a world class player 5 years his elder who's been playing at the very top for many years is bollocks.

Cracks me up how narrow minded some of you are and how you expect the finished article from a young kid. A lot of you are going to look very stupid at some point

The Fat el Hombre said:
Prozzy shagger has got better passing and vision. Tends to drop into space a lot then ping it out wide easy enough. But prozzy shagger has had time to devlop this and has become a much more cultured player as he's grown older, comparing a 21 year old boy who is only in his second year in the prem and england to a world class player 5 years his elder who's been playing at the very top for many years is bollocks.

Cracks me up how narrow minded some of you are and how you expect the finished article from a young kid. A lot of you are going to look very stupid at some point
At £20M plus I think we have every right to expect the finished article, don't you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.