Mario, time to say goodbye?

Dez said:
franksinatra said:
Dez said:
I remember watching him make his debut as a 17 year old vs Atalanta... I thought to myself, " one day, I hope my club will be able to attract players just like this one". Never did I think it was going to happen. I remember his unbelievable set pieces (hit the post twice that game) amazing corners, beautiful finish that won them the game. 17 fucking years old. We have one of the worlds best. Only a matter of time when he's at Ronaldos level, because lets be honest, he will never be Messi.

I dont rate him that highly but he could be something really special. But he will have to change to achieve that and I think even his apologists realise that.

How highly do you rate him? How could do you think he can be?

I guess if he just fucking puts his mind to it, he could be as good as Messi, like someone alluded to. But I just don't see that. When I watch him on the pitch it just seems like he doesnt give a fuck about anything and he still scores goals for fun. If he could just turn that up just a bit, not even to 100%, he could be our Ronaldo. To be Messi he has to be fully committed, all in.

He must want it, considering he thinks he can win the Ballon, albeit, if Messi drops in form. So even he realizes this,

To be honest pal Ronaldo and Messi are both incredible players. Ronaldo hit nearly 40 goals in England in one seaon, an incredible record and Messi is the best player individually, while fitting in the framework of the team.

Football has been full of players with great ability but are surpassed by others with less ability. We have an example in our team now with Milner outstripping Johnson even though the latter is technically better. My favourite all time player is Kinkladze, an incredible talent wasted.

I hope Mario realises, puts the effort in and we benefit rather than another side.

if we can sort him out, he'll be a world beater.

we'd be stupid to let talent like that go.

CityCTID said:
franksinatra said:
Dez said:
I remember watching him make his debut as a 17 year old vs Atalanta... I thought to myself, " one day, I hope my club will be able to attract players just like this one". Never did I think it was going to happen. I remember his unbelievable set pieces (hit the post twice that game) amazing corners, beautiful finish that won them the game. 17 fucking years old. We have one of the worlds best. Only a matter of time when he's at Ronaldos level, because lets be honest, he will never be Messi.

I dont rate him that highly but he could be something really special. But he will have to change to achieve that and I think even his apologists realise that.
You don't rate him highly? really?
He's 21yo won just about every major title, achieved 8 honours to his name, at this moment Mario is the best striker in his age group by distance.

The comparison was to Ronaldo and Messi and no I dont rate him has highly at that. Potentially yes he could be a really great player.

Where would he be on your list of City players of the season?

I would say Aguero, Silva, Barry, Yaya, Kompany, Lescott, Milner, Richards Hart have all had more influence on taking us to the top of the league.

So no he has a lot to do yet.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:34 am --<br /><br />
Mancio said:
franksinatra said:
Mancio said:
yeah , he have to change, he have to change club and go in a club strong enough for not let him to be targetted by a bunch of brainwashed from the media referees.

I know your on the wind up Mancio, not sure what you get out of it but each to there own.

Four sendings offs, Mourinho, Mancini, teammates have all said he needs to behave differently. To argue it is just daft.

I think the last time we discussed Mario, you told me Chelsea had just bid 70 million for him in last January's transfer window.

it was in summer. and his agent has almost publicly confirmed it a couple of weeks ago when he said balo's market value is circa 60M

Oh I see his agent said his clients market value is 60 million so that means Chelsea offered 70 Million. With the exception of Messi and Ronaldo I doubt any player would transfer for that fee in a depressed market.

But whatever you believe pal.

franksinatra said:
CityCTID said:
franksinatra said:
You don't rate him highly? really?
He's 21yo won just about every major title, achieved 8 honours to his name, at this moment Mario is the best striker in his age group by distance.

The comparison was to Ronaldo and Messi and no I dont rate him has highly at that. Potentially yes he could be a really great player.

Where would he be on your list of City players of the season?

I would say Aguero, Silva, Barry, Yaya, Kompany, Lescott, Milner, Richards Hart have all had more influence on taking us to the top of the league.

So no he has a lot to do yet.

-- Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:34 am --

Mancio said:
franksinatra said:
I know your on the wind up Mancio, not sure what you get out of it but each to there own.

Four sendings offs, Mourinho, Mancini, teammates have all said he needs to behave differently. To argue it is just daft.

I think the last time we discussed Mario, you told me Chelsea had just bid 70 million for him in last January's transfer window.

it was in summer. and his agent has almost publicly confirmed it a couple of weeks ago when he said balo's market value is circa 60M

Oh I see his agent said his clients market value is 60 million so that means Chelsea offered 70 Million. With the exception of Messi and Ronaldo I doubt any player would transfer for that fee in a depressed market.

But whatever you believe pal.

He has single handedly won us 3 or 4 games. If he doesn't score the goal at Everton, where are we? Not at the top of the league. Manu comes to mind. Tottenham....

url

This whole thread.

Can't believe there's some on here having a go at him over the suspensions he's gotten this season. They're a joke. Even if you think the Scott Parker one was warranted, when you're off-balance and pushed by Modric, think of how many similar offences have gone unpunished and yet Balo cops it on some ludicrous reputation that's not come from on-the-field-dirtyness (after all, if your name is Paul Scholes you can get away with through a whole career and only pick up twice as many reds as Balo's got in two seasons) but from having a personality off it - wrongly attributed to being a 'bad boy'. Lescott could have easily gotten retrospective action, but he didn't. Rooney got away with elbowing someone in the face. I wonder what retrospective action happened as a result of Huth's elbow on Mario in the FA Cup Final?

The main place where his critics have said he needs to grow up is in training. Mourinho said it, Mancini's said it, and now, looking at the training reports he looks to be doing it. Yet some on here still criticise him for getting bookings Gareth Barry or Lescott, as protected England internationals, wouldn't get. Head, wobble, do it.

franksinatra said:
Dez said:
franksinatra said:

I guess if he just fucking puts his mind to it, he could be as good as Messi, like someone alluded to. But I just don't see that. When I watch him on the pitch it just seems like he doesnt give a fuck about anything and he still scores goals for fun. If he could just turn that up just a bit, not even to 100%, he could be our Ronaldo. To be Messi he has to be fully committed, all in.

He must want it, considering he thinks he can win the Ballon, albeit, if Messi drops in form. So even he realizes this,

To be honest pal Ronaldo and Messi are both incredible players. Ronaldo hit nearly 40 goals in England in one seaon, an incredible record and Messi is the best player individually, while fitting in the framework of the team.

Football has been full of players with great ability but are surpassed by others with less ability. We have an example in our team now with Milner outstripping Johnson even though the latter is technically better. My favourite all time player is Kinkladze, an incredible talent wasted.

I hope Mario realises, puts the effort in and we benefit rather than another side.

mario is going to be great, his overall mood seems better imo, his work ethic and ability seem to improve every game. he also seems less impetuous, but i think we all know that is a work in progress.

besides the media love rooney and as a person is there a bigger twat in football

r.soleofsalford said:
franksinatra said:
Dez said:

mario is going to be great, his overall mood seems better imo, his work ethic and ability seem to improve every game. he also seems less impetuous, but i think we all know that is a work in progress.

besides the media love rooney and as a person is there a bigger twat in football

Your right about Rooney but compare his influence and work ethic on the team compared to Marios. Comparisons with Messi and the like are also ridiculous at this stage and he has shown hardly anything to suggest he can reach that level. Sergio has been here 6 months and equalled his premier leage goals already without the aid of a number of penalties.

Like I said before you could name six or seven players who have influenced the teams more this year. Hardly an illustration of the worlds best player.

I hope your right about his change in attitude, because at the moment I see a struggling out of form Dzeko, Aguero ran into the ground, neccessity forcing us to play one upfront while Mario plays with napkins due to another needless sending off.

franksinatra said:
r.soleofsalford said:
franksinatra said:

Your right about Rooney but compare his influence and work ethic on the team compared to Marios. Comparisons with Messi and the like are also ridiculous at this stage and he has shown hardly anything to suggest he can reach that level. Sergio has been here 6 months and equalled his premier leage goals already without the aid of a number of penalties.

Like I said before you could name six or seven players who have influenced the teams more this year. Hardly an illustration of the worlds best player.

I hope your right about his change in attitude, because at the moment I see a struggling out of form Dzeko, Aguero ran into the ground, neccessity forcing us to play one upfront while Mario plays with napkins due to another needless sending off.

Rooney is older than Mario, more protected than Mario and the media/national darling. Mario has battled racism in his own country of birth, media hounding and unfair treatment at the hands of fans/refs alike. Your comparing the two sounds very "Gary Nevillish" looking for things like who runs around more or who puts a shift in. Mario does too but he is so good it looks effortless. I have seen him dead balls in the box and defend from the front and it is ignored. When Rooney scores 4 penalties in as many games he is world class. In all aspects

Pace.
Ability.
Finishing.
Vision.
Passing.
Technique.

Mario is better than Rooney you also ignore the fact that Rooneys gaffer wanted Mario until he made it clear he would only play for Mancini.

At Marios age Rooney was no where near the player Mario is nor has he the same ability now. Mario is a better player than Rooney only difference is Rooney is focal point of United attack, Mario is not in our team which is full of super stars. If Mario was English the wankfest would have us drowning in cumm. Yet he is not so he is "not that good". Name me any player in the history of football who at 20 scored 2, made 2 and had a player sent off versus United. Ever?.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.