Mark Hughes as manager

Never understood the sheer hatred for him. If it's because he played for Trafford's finest, why not the same for Denis Law, or Carlos Tevez, or Terry Cooke? And if it's because he underperformed as our manager, I could name quite a few others who were markedly worse.
Nope - he was useless.
HIs time at City was like an exploding clown car.
Only the animal of Kompany and Zab were achievements and I don't think that was down to him.

I will always remember that look in his eye during post match interview of City game the day before the Sheikh Mansour takeover...

Deffo a 'I know sommat you dont know' look.
Someone somewhere with more time on their hands than me would be able to find that, I'd definitely like to see it.

Law played for City for a season before going to the scum, via Torino.
At the time we signed Hughes, I was prepared to swallow my in built hatred for his Scummy DNA because, imho, he was regarded as one of the best and brightest young managers. I think the hatred was because he'd been at the forefront of the Scum's rise under Fergie, while we'd plumbed the depths the other way. Many other reds have signed for us in the past - as you say, Tevez, Cooke - also Kidd and McIlroy - without any issues or hatred.
Anyway, sadly, Hughes was found to be out of his depth - no different from most of our managers over the preceding 30+ years.

Nope - he was useless.
HIs time at City was like an exploding clown car.
Only the animal of Kompany and Zab were achievements and I don't think that was down to him.
He knew the German market.

Cook was forcing Brazilians on him that he didn't want; Beano, Jo, Berti and Sylvinho.

We didn't get to a semi-final for 29 years until Hughes, he was pretty average.

Law played for City for a season before going to the scum, via Torino.
At the time we signed Hughes, I was prepared to swallow my in built hatred for his Scummy DNA because, imho, he was regarded as one of the best and brightest young managers. I think the hatred was because he'd been at the forefront of the Scum's rise under Fergie, while we'd plumbed the depths the other way. Many other reds have signed for us in the past - as you say, Tevez, Cooke - also Kidd and McIlroy - without any issues or hatred.
Anyway, sadly, Hughes was found to be out of his depth - no different from most of our managers over the preceding 30+ years.

See it's probably took me to get a bit older before realising this, and the main reason I was a bit more lenient and supportive of him at the time. I remember Hughes as a player at Southampton and Blackburn but too young to have seen him play at United. This would be like 30 year old me seeing Rooney or Rio rock up as City manager. No ta, I'd rather see us relegated.

The worst City performance of the last 15 years was Forest at home in the FA Cup in early Jan 09. Should of been fired out of the nearest cannon after that absolute shit show! But instead we gave him millions to waste on the likes of Rocky Santa fuckin Cruise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.