Mark Hughes' exit from Manchester City

In effect this confirms that if he does not finish in the top four then he leaves the club due to failure to take us to the next level.

It's only the same as a normal working class man or woman failing to do their job to a satisfactory standard, so why would the consequences be any different? It may be more high profile, the owners may be more patient but at the end of the day if you're ploughing that sort of money in then you'd expect there to be positive outcomes as a result.

twinkletoes said:
The Fixer said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/31487/Boss_confirms_Top_four_finish_is_the_aim.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/31 ... e_aim.aspx</a>

Should have gone to specsavers.

Haha i know what you said but it's clear top 4 is the target simples anyone who thinks otherwise is being naieve imho, too much wonga was spent to be 2/3places higher up than last year.

Even if the target was top 6 at the start of the season, it should have changed by now considering how badly Liverpool are doing

Hughes has got to get better results, simple as. If he doesn't, I expect and hope that he'll be given the boot, but for the time being I'll support him and the players

The Fat el Hombre said:
Even if the target was top 6 at the start of the season, it should have changed by now considering how badly Liverpool are doing

Hughes has got to get better results, simple as. If he doesn't, I expect and hope that he'll be given the boot, but for the time being I'll support him and the players

I think that's a good decision to make and respect your opinion as always.

By the way, I'm not particularly pleased that Hughes seems to have given up on 3rd place.

We've beaten Asrenal and Chelsea and frightened Liverpool and Man United.

Is he managing the owner's expectation here? Or justifying his own failures?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.