Mark Hughes' exit from Manchester City

Prestwich_Blue said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Cheers for that, been looking for a table for ages and couldn't find anything
http://www.statto.com - great site. You can see the table on any given date.

Nice one, quite interesting really because i thought 4th place at this stage last season would have had a bit more points than what we've got this season but obviously not and the fact that we've got three points less with a game in hand and are only 7 shows how tight it is around 4th spot

Forzacitizens said:
did anyone notice in the spurs press conference about people having their opinions on forums? does anyone think he comes on here? and then sees all the hughes out threads

What did he say?

This season is very unpredictable barring the top 2........it will be a lcose run for places between 3rd and 6th......liverpool, arsenal, city, villa, spurs all competing for those spots......all those clubs have experience of this other than us....allthose managers have experience other that redknapp and MH.

I dont expect us to get 4th or 5th.....i hope we can get 6th but its by no means a forgone conclusion

It takes time to build a team and even those players like ade and toure will understand that.......it will take time for this team to gell.....this season is about building experince and understanding between the players and manager......

sack the manager and you take us three steps back

1...have to find someone to take the poison challace
2...that person will want to bring his own staff (certainly) and a lot of his own players (probably)
3...will take a year or so for new manager and team to gel....

....by which time the same group of impatient fans will be wanting the manager sacked!!!!!!

Failsworth_Blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
http://www.statto.com - great site. You can see the table on any given date.

Nice one, quite interesting really because i thought 4th place at this stage last season would have had a bit more points than what we've got this season but obviously not and the fact that we've got three points less with a game in hand and are only 7 shows how tight it is around 4th spot
And Villa also had 31 points, one point less than they have now and still finished 6th. Plus in a thread I started the other day, I showed that, in the last two seasons, Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool all had runs like our current one. That's why it's silly to pass judgement before the end of the season.

I don't accept this fear that we have to "start again" under a new manager.

I think this would be a dream job because we have a very strong squad with no glaring holes. And a strong youth setup.

Chelsea didn't "start again" under Ancellotti, did they? They went straight to the top of the league.

Didsbury Dave said:

I think this would be a dream job because we have a very strong squad with no glaring holes. And a strong youth setup.

Chelsea didn't "start again" under Ancellotti, did they? They went straight to the top of the league.

they already had about as good a squad as you can get and 3-4 years at the top already under various managers.....

if mouhrinno or anyone else came in they would certainly change the back rook staff and im pretty certain he would look to change some of the players for his own

the comparrison between city and chelsea isnt a fair or accurate one as we are at a completely different stage of development than they are

Didsbury Dave said:

And this is exactly why I don't understand the knee-jerk reactions to how the first two seasons of what is going to be the best years ahead of us, have gone so far. Everything is in place. If MH can't get it right by the end of teh season then he'll probably be off one way or the other.

If Hughes comes good, we win. If he doesn't, everythings in place thanks to the job he's done so far. At least give him credit for that.

simon23 said:
This season is very unpredictable barring the top 2........it will be a lcose run for places between 3rd and 6th......liverpool, arsenal, city, villa, spurs all competing for those spots......all those clubs have experience of this other than us....allthose managers have experience other that redknapp and MH.

I dont expect us to get 4th or 5th.....i hope we can get 6th but its by no means a forgone conclusion

It takes time to build a team and even those players like ade and toure will understand that.......it will take time for this team to gell.....this season is about building experince and understanding between the players and manager......

2...that person will want to bring his own staff (certainly) and a lot of his own players (probably)

....by which time the same group of impatient fans will be wanting the manager sacked!!!!!!

Spoiled Brat Syndrome.

twinkletoes said:
simon23 said:

Spoiled Brat Syndrome.

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

combined with an already inbred hatred of MH because he use to play for utd.....very sad indeed!!!!

fuck me, been out for an hour and come back to us now having "spoiled brat syndrome".

you really couldn't make it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.