Mark Hughes' exit from Manchester City

twinkletoes said:
Cheltblue said:
Why is that a 'snipe'???

After the incredible changes that have taken place for the club over the past 18months, from the infrastructure to the personnel to the respect shown to the fans, and the icing on the cake being the £3million spent on trying to create a team to take us to the highest levels of world club football................. and some people see 9th as a respectable place to be???

And so then i have to accept that that is the case as it it quite obvious on here, and i can only then surmise that those holding these views will be happy with whatever is chucked in front of them.

Ask blueinsa.

He doesnt need to ask me anything fella to realise that you have no argument and that when presented with the evidence that top 4 is that aim, namely player interviews amongst others, you still refuse to accept it as it doesnt sit with your argument.

Thats when you start to snipe by accusing all and sundry of being like spoilt little brats!

blueinsa said:
twinkletoes said:
Ask blueinsa.

He doesnt need to ask me anything fella to realise that you have no argument and that when presented with the evidence that top 4 is that aim, namely player interviews amongst others, you still refuse to accept it as it doesnt sit with your argument.

Thats when you start to snipe by accusing all and sundry of being like spoilt little brats!

Until Khaldoon or Cook come out publicly and say differently then I will argue all day and every day with people like you.

twinkletoes said:
blueinsa said:

Until Khaldoon or Cook come out publicly and say differently then I will argue all day and every day with people like you.

Poeple like me lol?

Page 18 mate, lots of direct quotes from players, maybe you should argue with people like them as well?

twinkletoes said:
PhuketBlue said:
I never said 4th was our target.

In that article (from May before our spending), he states that top 6 is the aim but we won't be spending too much. As we did spend a great deal I think it is quite possible that he may have revised his expectations.

Time will tell I guess.

So you meant fifth place then?

I don't recall making any comment as to what our owner's expectations are other than that if he said top 6 was the target without spending too much, the fact that we spent a lot may well have changed the thinking somewhat.

Companies will frequently revise their targets based on circumstances. It may well be that they would be happy with 6th and even accept a worse finish if they see what they consider to be progress. It is also possible that they will have revised their expectations upwards given the amounts spent and their overall view of whether sufficient progress is being made. Equally if half our squad was to be injured they may well revise their expectations downwards. I very much doubt anything is set in stone and I suspect they will review at the end of the season.

As I said, time will tell.

anything beyond 9t is progress..........ive stated tath sine the start of the season

our squad with sven had a good sat but w all know that that was a fluke!!....we were in relegation form by the end of the season......

Mh had one day with the new investment before the start of the next season....and then a january transfer windon where as everyone knows it is ridiculously hard to get anyone of real quality in...(sven couldnt do it wih all his connections in world football).......therefore MH has had one transfer window of any real merit (last summer)...we are 15 games into the season with that new investment and people on here are saying he has had enough time.......

that is why i think he should have at least another season

we have seen for 30 odd years now that constantly changing manager evey 18months (or sometimes less)....gets us nowhere........cannt people see that

I firmly believe that IF MH wasnt an ex red there are some fans who are the ones that want him out that wouldnt feel that way so much.....though of course they wont admit it!!

simon23 said:
anything beyond 9t is progress..........ive stated tath sine the start of the season

our squad with sven had a good sat but w all know that that was a fluke!!....we were in relegation form by the end of the season......

Mh had one day with the new investment before the start of the next season....and then a january transfer windon where as everyone knows it is ridiculously hard to get anyone of real quality in...(sven couldnt do it wih all his connections in world football).......therefore MH has had one transfer window of any real merit (last summer)...we are 15 games into the season with that new investment and people on here are saying he has had enough time.......

we have seen for 30 odd years now that constantly changing manager evey 18months (or sometimes less)....gets us nowhere........cannt people see that

I firmly believe that IF MH wasnt an ex red there are some fans who are the ones that want him out that wouldnt feel that way so much.....though of course they wont admit it!!

utter bollocks.

it really isn't worth replying properly to you or twinkie.

go and look at the lists of players brought in by Hughes in all 3 windows.

Cheltblue said:
blueinsa said:
Simon mate, if you think that our owners have bought us and invested what they have to finish no lower than 9th for three seasons, your going to be dissapointed mate.

I disagree, i dont think there is anything City can do that will not make him very happy and very satisfied!!!

funnily enough aobut 3-4 seasons ago i was one of those fans that was calling for the sacking of SP and his predecessors....for not being good enough......and i stand by that.....i hold my spoition now cause i firmly believe that we are making progress and that MH deserves at least till the end of next season....if by then he hasnt progressed us to top 4-6 then fine...serious questions should be asked.....but why do we have to do it this season....why cannt it wait one more season to just see...what have we to lose really....we have been waiting long enough.....give MH anothe season after this and then if he fails by all means get rid....but not before

simon23 said:

Of course we can see that sticking with the right manager make sense but we can also see that sticking with the wrong manager makes no sense.

The question is whether Hughes is the wrong or right manager and I'm not sure of the answer. I'd prefer to give him to the end of the season and hope to have more evidence on which to draw a conclusion.

Rammy Blue said:
simon23 said:

utter bollocks.

it really isn't worth replying properly to you or twinkie.

go and look at the lists of players brought in by Hughes in all 3 windows.

he has bought well in all 3 windows...and the team is starting to come together...but thats what takes time.....do you think 15 games into a season is long enough....

oh and i really dont care if you reply or not....just makes me smile that someone with a different opinion to you seems to anger you a little to start swearing

simon23 said:

Straws and clutching springs to mind!

I admire your backing of Hughes but please dont try to say that over 70 games in charge, 18 months and over £200m spent with carte blanche around the club to do anything you want, is not enough time.

He has until the end of the season unless we have a disaster or Mourinho becomes available imo. Finish top 4 he has a chance of keeping his job, any lower and he will go and so he should imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.