Mark Hughes' exit from Manchester City

Didsbury Dave said:
twinkletoes said:
Let me see the transcripts.

Surely there must be something on the internet.

If that's the case then I can only be critical of Garry Cook and our chairman.

Garry Cook, November this year:

"We are sixth in the table with a home League Cup quarter-final tie to come. We have set higher expectations in a short space of time and Mark (Hughes) and I talk about this a lot. It is not a great start but it is not a bad start."

That does not say anything about WMD.

Cheltblue said:
blueinsa said:
Simon mate, if you think that our owners have bought us and invested what they have to finish no lower than 9th for three seasons, your going to be dissapointed mate.

I disagree, i dont think there is anything City can do that will not make him very happy and very satisfied!!!

pmsl.

twinkletoes said:
PhuketBlue said:
Does anyone have a link to the article where top 6 was stated as our aim?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20</a> ... s-Chairman

Mark Hughes has been given a top-six target for next season by Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak as the club prepares for the next step in the challenge to join the Barclays Premier League elite.

UEFA Cup quarter-finalists City can still finish ninth on Sunday after missing out on an instant return to Europe with the 2-1 defeat at Spurs, and the Chairman said: "I think a reasonable target next season is the top six.

"I think people see me as a reasonable and realistic man, and I think given what we have done this year and the ambitions we have this summer, a top-six finish next year should be a reasonable and achievable target.

"There will be money for new players this off-season. The areas in which the team needs us to invest are clear. We need more depth and to fill the weaker areas within the squad and plans are already advanced.

"I have been talking to Garry and Mark for weeks now. We are pretty clear on what we want, and I am clear on what Mark has identified as the areas that need to be supported, and we will step up.

"We all know we are not going to splash money around, because that model, that formula, doesn't work. You're not going to buy 22 new players and then the next year you win the Premier League.

"

So basically the same article I posted earlier in which he also says they won't be splashing the cash. Well they have splashed the cash and it is likely that their expectations have consequently increased in line with the spending.

PhuketBlue said:
twinkletoes said:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20</a> ... s-Chairman

Mark Hughes has been given a top-six target for next season by Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak as the club prepares for the next step in the challenge to join the Barclays Premier League elite.

UEFA Cup quarter-finalists City can still finish ninth on Sunday after missing out on an instant return to Europe with the 2-1 defeat at Spurs, and the Chairman said: "I think a reasonable target next season is the top six.

"I think people see me as a reasonable and realistic man, and I think given what we have done this year and the ambitions we have this summer, a top-six finish next year should be a reasonable and achievable target.

"There will be money for new players this off-season. The areas in which the team needs us to invest are clear. We need more depth and to fill the weaker areas within the squad and plans are already advanced.

"I have been talking to Garry and Mark for weeks now. We are pretty clear on what we want, and I am clear on what Mark has identified as the areas that need to be supported, and we will step up.

"We all know we are not going to splash money around, because that model, that formula, doesn't work. You're not going to buy 22 new players and then the next year you win the Premier League.

"

So basically the same article I posted earlier in which he also says they won't be splashing the cash. Well they have splashed the cash and it is likely that their expectations have consequently increased in line with the spending.

So you can't believe anything our chairman says then?

So how can you take from this that fourth place is our target?

Confused... you will be!

Now I know why we went to war with Iraq.

twinkletoes said:
PhuketBlue said:

Confused... you will be!

I never said 4th was our target.

In that article (from May before our spending), he states that top 6 is the aim but we won't be spending too much. As we did spend a great deal I think it is quite possible that he may have revised his expectations.

Time will tell I guess.

twinkletoes said:
blueinsa said:

The snipers are out!

Why is that a 'snipe'???

After the incredible changes that have taken place for the club over the past 18months, from the infrastructure to the personnel to the respect shown to the fans, and the icing on the cake being the £3million spent on trying to create a team to take us to the highest levels of world club football................. and some people see 9th as a respectable place to be???

And so then i have to accept that that is the case as it it quite obvious on here, and i can only then surmise that those holding these views will be happy with whatever is chucked in front of them.

Cheltblue said:
twinkletoes said:
The snipers are out!

Why is that a 'snipe'???

After the incredible changes that have taken place for the club over the past 18months, from the infrastructure to the personnel to the respect shown to the fans, and the icing on the cake being the £3million spent on trying to create a team to take us to the highest levels of world club football................. and some people see 9th as a respectable place to be???

And so then i have to accept that that is the case as it it quite obvious on here, and i can only then surmise that those holding these views will be happy with whatever is chucked in front of them.

Ask blueinsa.

PhuketBlue said:
twinkletoes said:

Confused... you will be!

I never said 4th was our target.

In that article (from May before our spending), he states that top 6 is the aim but we won't be spending too much. As we did spend a great deal I think it is quite possible that he may have revised his expectations.

Time will tell I guess.

So you meant fifth place then?

More sport for you lads...

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=152722" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=152722</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.