Mark Hughes' exit from Manchester City

simon23 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Jesus Simon, We're going round in bloody circles.

the "Top Six is the target" line was totally disproved about 5 pages ago.

And you said two posts ago he should be given three seasons. What, even if we finish below 6th?

sorry DD i cannt read all the pages as Im at work and the system block some of the pages for some reason

why was the top 6 bit dispoved??

and yes i do believe he should be given 3 seasons......as long as we dont finish below 9th (which is wher we finished last season)...we have already had a cup run longer than most in recent history...irrespective of whether teams have put out inferior teams...lets not forget who we have been beaten by in the past in these lesser cups etc

Simon mate, if you think that our owners have bought us and invested what they have to finish no lower than 9th for three seasons, your going to be dissapointed mate.

simon23 said:
BlueMoonWalker said:
Those that think 6th is acceptable and the owners will settle for that after what has been spent need their heads examining!

And whats this... crap? ffs finish your sentences you immature twats!

Rant over

try not to insult people please.....it only lessons the likelyhood anypone will even respect or agree with your opinions on football isues let alone give you any chance of changing someones mind!!

I wouldn't have even given him the chance to reply.

twinkletoes said:
blueinsa said:
And we have told you mate, players interviews, Gary Cooke's recent interview where he clearly states that he and Hughes have agreed that they need to aim higher and also the fact that the players we have so far attracted have not come here with a promise of Europa League football next year.

Let me see the transcripts.

Surely there must be something on the internet.

If that's the case then I can only be critical of Garry Cook and our chairman.

Garry Cook, November this year:

"We are sixth in the table with a home League Cup quarter-final tie to come. We have set higher expectations in a short space of time and Mark (Hughes) and I talk about this a lot. It is not a great start but it is not a bad start."

No lower than 9th is OK?

hahahahahaha

I'm out of this thread, Jesus Christ...

Common sense has departed. The Tubthumpers have taken over the asylum.

Didsbury Dave said:
twinkletoes said:

"We are sixth in the table with a home League Cup quarter-final tie to come. We have set higher expectations in a short space of time and Mark (Hughes) and I talk about this a lot. It is not a great start but it is not a bad start."

groundhog day.

20 pages further on in thread and back to square one!

edit...I'm with you DD, out of here.

PhuketBlue said:
twinkletoes said:
I must have missed that.

Does anyone have a link to the article where top 6 was stated as our aim?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20</a> ... s-Chairman

Mark Hughes has been given a top-six target for next season by Chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak as the club prepares for the next step in the challenge to join the Barclays Premier League elite.

With this season's final match against Bolton still to come, manager Hughes and Chief Executive Garry Cook have already sat down with the Blues supremo to discuss their shared ambitions to finish the 2009-10 campaign with a ticket back to Europe.

UEFA Cup quarter-finalists City can still finish ninth on Sunday after missing out on an instant return to Europe with the 2-1 defeat at Spurs, and the Chairman said: "I think a reasonable target next season is the top six.

"I think people see me as a reasonable and realistic man, and I think given what we have done this year and the ambitions we have this summer, a top-six finish next year should be a reasonable and achievable target.

"There will be money for new players this off-season. The areas in which the team needs us to invest are clear. We need more depth and to fill the weaker areas within the squad and plans are already advanced.

"I have been talking to Garry and Mark for weeks now. We are pretty clear on what we want, and I am clear on what Mark has identified as the areas that need to be supported, and we will step up.

"We all know we are not going to splash money around, because that model, that formula, doesn't work. You're not going to buy 22 new players and then the next year you win the Premier League.

"It needs to be done sustainably, with quality management, quality infra-structure and a quality manager by the pitch. That's what we are doing. The players will come, and the results will come."

But while Hughes will sign "more quality players" this summer, Khaldoon stressed that the Academy, which has produced stars such as Stevie Ireland and Nedum Onuoha, has a major role to play in the future.

He said: "We will not forget the Academy. It is key to our discussions. We have to be able to create that nice balance between a quality, strong first team with depth but at the same time retain the ability to bring in young, talented individuals.

"We have all seen what they (Ireland and Onuoha) have done since geting in the side. They have had fantastic seasons and there are more within the Academy. We need a good platform to bring the young lads into the team.

"Garry has done a wonderful job bringing in some incredible talent that will help take us forward. We have grown a lot as a team, and Mark has grown too. The foundations are in place for a very strong second season."

Didsbury Dave said:
twinkletoes said:

Cheers DD, i was looking for that.

simon23 said:
BlueMoonWalker said:
Those that think 6th is acceptable and the owners will settle for that after what has been spent need their heads examining!

And whats this... crap? ffs finish your sentences you immature twats!

Rant over

try not to insult people please.....it only lessons the likelyhood anypone will even respect or agree with your opinions on football isues let alone give you any chance of changing someones mind!!
After reading your views and opinions on football and club management I couldn't give a damn what you think of my opinions.

Anything better than 9th is ok? I'm wasting my time on a lost cause here.

twinkletoes said:
PhuketBlue said:
Does anyone have a link to the article where top 6 was stated as our aim?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20</a> ... s-Chairman

Link doesn't seem to be working. Any chance you could paste the content?

blueinsa said:
simon23 said:
sorry DD i cannt read all the pages as Im at work and the system block some of the pages for some reason

why was the top 6 bit dispoved??

and yes i do believe he should be given 3 seasons......as long as we dont finish below 9th (which is wher we finished last season)...we have already had a cup run longer than most in recent history...irrespective of whether teams have put out inferior teams...lets not forget who we have been beaten by in the past in these lesser cups etc

Simon mate, if you think that our owners have bought us and invested what they have to finish no lower than 9th for three seasons, your going to be dissapointed mate.

I disagree, i dont think there is anything City can do that will not make him very happy and very satisfied!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.